New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 11 posts ] 
28 May 2009, 15:54
8 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks that when someone calls "Money Round" on a Flood Server after destroying some peoples boats with about 600 seconds left is griefing.

As that means, the people they killed now have to wait just for them to get money.. & usually the people that get killed are the ones who don't HAVE money to build a proper boat with.

11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Not sure how to counter this, it's one of the reasons to why I hate this gamemode.

04 Jun 2009, 18:34
176 Posts

Karl wrote:
Not sure how to counter this, it's one of the reasons to why I hate this gamemode.

Yet you have it on one of your servers :lol:
But yeah, I hate when people do that. Also, skybasing ftl.

09 Jun 2009, 18:47
18 Posts

Theyre not doing any of that now that I'm on :twisted:

28 Jun 2009, 05:08
27 Posts

Karl wrote:

Then why not remove it? Ha, how about considering some other gamemode. Gamemodes were you level up, buy weapons, make bases, place spawners, and kill people are popular.

Or you could just add a script that makes it so whenever somebody says "Money Round" or any other version of that they get muted for 5 minutes and the sentence changes to say "He guys, call me Joe." or something stupid like that.
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

Jdog2360 wrote:
Karl wrote:

Then why not remove it? Ha, how about considering some other gamemode. Gamemodes were you level up, buy weapons, make bases, place spawners, and kill people are popular.

Or you could just add a script that makes it so whenever somebody says "Money Round" or any other version of that they get muted for 5 minutes and the sentence changes to say "He guys, call me Joe." or something stupid like that.

Considering taking Flood away and make it into a Roleplay server.

27 Posts

Karl wrote:
Jdog2360 wrote:
Karl wrote:

Considering taking Flood away and make it into a Roleplay server.

Just my opinion, roleplay servers are really tough to maintain order and handle. An admin HAS to be on at all times. How about making a fretta or prop hunt server?
08 Jun 2009, 23:11
409 Posts

Make a BARREL server! I love that gamemode. :mrgreen:
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

Gobo wrote:
Make a BARREL server! I love that gamemode. :mrgreen:

Suicide Barrels gets boring after a while, though, I have a working version of the gamemode.

Jdog2360 wrote:
Just my opinion, roleplay servers are really tough to maintain order and handle. An admin HAS to be on at all times. How about making a fretta or prop hunt server?

There's Fretta on that server, but last time I tried running it, some stuff weren't functioning well, and I can understand that since all Fretta gamemodes come from Garry's Mod beta. There was another update recently, I might want to try it again.
Is Prop Hunt fun with only 12 people?

27 Posts

For prophunt it depends on the size of the map.

I suggest a Fretta server though, those are getting very popular. Maybe a surf server or deathrun server?

It would be cool if Donations were linked on all servers and people could buy items from a store similar to Noxious.net or Sass.

It's up to you though :)
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

Jdog2360 wrote:
I suggest a Fretta server though, those are getting very popular.

Can you give me an IP of a working Fretta server?

Jdog2360 wrote:
Maybe a surf server

Garry's Mod doesn't have CVAR sv_airaccelerate, otherwise it would have been tons of surf servers.

Jdog2360 wrote:
or deathrun server?

It'll probably be a hassle coding the gamemode, and we don't have enough Lua coders.

Jdog2360 wrote:
It would be cool if Donations were linked on all servers and people could buy items from a store similar to Noxious.net or Sass.

Indeed it would, but there's no native MySQL on the server, and the webserver (where I have my MySQL hosted) is probably too far away so there would be annoying freezes. Perhaps in the future if Aprilon Dynasty gets its own dedicated server, and of course, enough coders to actually go through with this.