New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
04 Jun 2014, 11:38
8 Posts

Hey, hunter6543 here. I've been playing since the moment I got the email and I've had lots of fun. But there has been one thing bugging me. It's not much going on. Some conflicts here and there, some trades, but nothing much really. Therefore I had an idea. Why not make a marketplace? A big plaza where we could have stands that you could buy/claim. You could sell the stuff you don't need and at the same time be able to get known to others. There's probaly a plugin that allows the customer to look at the wares, but not being able to take them without paying. I just feel it would a pleasent addition to this awesome server.
Server Admin Server Admin
18 May 2011, 03:53
43 Posts

Sounds like a decent idea to me. It could definitely be useful. I remember we used to have a plugin for buying and selling via signs; this could be good for your idea, but the top floor would have to decide if they want to install it. Although, I can't image that the "plaza" would be very active. I imagine people would go there to trade items and be on their way, but I'd enjoy it anyway.

I'd say that this is a good project for you to lead then. Start a donations box and get some people to help you out. I'll lend a hand when I'm on if you decide to do it. I'd also try to find a good, popular spot to put it. Somewhere close to spawn or any popular city (fulsyfields) would probably be best.

Good luck!

8 Posts

Thanks Prophecy for great response. I think I will build it by spawn and the sign plugin would be great. Or, maybe have a plugin that lets you turn items into credits which you can use to buy items? I don't know. Not really into plugins. When I'm available tomorrow I'll find a spot and start the fundemental.
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

It is already built. The building to the right of the railway station

43 Posts

Thanks Karl

I would talk to Fulsy then hunter. I don't know if the one Karl is referring too is complete or not, but you could still build your own monumental version somewhere.

8 Posts

Hmmm... Then we need better navigation around spawn. I've been looking on the map and in-game and I do not seem to find it...
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

hunter6543 wrote:
Hmmm... Then we need better navigation around spawn. I've been looking on the map and in-game and I do not seem to find it...

What do you mean? It's a giant angle-shaped building made of sandstone? Quite hard to miss.
8 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
hunter6543 wrote:

What do you mean? It's a giant angle-shaped building made of sandstone? Quite hard to miss.

Oh, is that the market place? Looks more like a office building to me. But my point stands, not a single sign in spawn that says where stuff is.
17 May 2011, 15:03
4 Posts

How about a shop layout like this:
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

balloon27 wrote:
How about a shop layout like this:
[IMAGE]

I have a similar plugin i've been working on but knowing me that'll take ages. I like the idea though

23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

I've used a plugin like that before. I like it :)

18 May 2012, 01:15
21 Posts

People can still make there own shops without a shop plugin. have your goods for sale. Others pay you your price. adding a hole economic system to a server is cool. but just like anything else, once you have all the resources and don't need anything else, then what? same with money, you end up with everything you want and have no need for money. of course there will always be new players and stuff using it, but they too can get to the point that they don't need anymore goods or services. This just leaves an unused or less used plugin on the server and if it is on it draws the server away from a more vanilla feeling epic server. Of course too have an offline shop would require some trust between people trust that there is no stealing. Having more trust in people on the server can also lead to a more close friendly server. enough rambling from me. I've said more than enough.
43 Posts

Masta_beta wrote:
People can still make there own shops without a shop plugin. have your goods for sale. Others pay you your price. adding a hole economic system to a server is cool. but just like anything else, once you have all the resources and don't need anything else, then what? same with money, you end up with everything you want and have no need for money. of course there will always be new players and stuff using it, but they too can get to the point that they don't need anymore goods or services. This just leaves an unused or less used plugin on the server and if it is on it draws the server away from a more vanilla feeling epic server. Of course too have an offline shop would require some trust between people trust that there is no stealing. Having more trust in people on the server can also lead to a more close friendly server. enough rambling from me. I've said more than enough.

You bring up fair arguments, but I disagree that you would get to the point of having all the resources you need. In the last server it was nothing but helpful for me and I don't think it ruined any sort of vanilla aspect. After all it is multiplayer. Trading and cooperation is (usually) a huge part of it. I say "usually" because it is by all means optional to players. Some players like to be involved and work with others, some like to be lone wolves. It would be no different with this plugin. Use it when you want or don't use it at all. I could understand that some people prefer to play barebone and on their own.
Also, there would (most likely) be no currency involved and there would be no reason for trust amongst players in offline shops. The whole point of the plugin is to ensure a fair and safe trade. More trust is required without the plugin and although I would like to think that people would honor it, undoubtedly there will be people that won't, and that is what causes trouble among players.
Lastly, the whole idea of having a shop without a plugin is really not as practical as it might seem, unless you plan to sit at a shop all day and advertise your items. The plugin would simply allow you to set up shop and not have to think about it or stay there all day.

18 May 2012, 01:15
21 Posts

Pr0ph3cy7 wrote:
Masta_beta wrote:

You bring up fair arguments, but I disagree that you would get to the point of having all the resources you need. In the last server it was nothing but helpful for me and I don't think it ruined any sort of vanilla aspect. After all it is multiplayer. Trading and cooperation is (usually) a huge part of it. I say "usually" because it is by all means optional to players. Some players like to be involved and work with others, some like to be lone wolves. It would be no different with this plugin. Use it when you want or don't use it at all. I could understand that some people prefer to play barebone and on their own.
Also, there would (most likely) be no currency involved and there would be no reason for trust amongst players in offline shops. The whole point of the plugin is to ensure a fair and safe trade. More trust is required without the plugin and although I would like to think that people would honor it, undoubtedly there will be people that won't, and that is what causes trouble among players.
Lastly, the whole idea of having a shop without a plugin is really not as practical as it might seem, unless you plan to sit at a shop all day and advertise your items. The plugin would simply allow you to set up shop and not have to think about it or stay there all day.

Fair enough about not worrying about or sitting at a shop all day, but there isn't much advertising or anything when you see some on the server say they want something, and you respond to them with an offer. I am not trying to be biased in anyway, I just bought up the point to show a winder effect.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ]