New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

I spent some time playing with particle effects last night (THIS NIGHT), so I came up with this.
If you're on the losing team and the round is over, that effect will appear.
It'll hopefully give the other players the impression that you're a donator, and not a 1337 hacker fucking with the server :).
Also, if you think that this is very little, don't worry. Over time I'll be adding more "layers", even up to the head, that'll mean more glowing magic wizard stuff. But be patient! :D

In other news....
Donators will now have access to a hat menu. They'll be able to set whatever hat on theirself (the sniperhats though, have a few issues). It's fun playing as a medic with a demoman afro ;)
And yes, as seen on the screenshot, you can wear all hats, not only class-specific ones.

You can toggle this simple menu by typing "em" in your console (if you're a donator, if you're not, don't bother, it won't work).
I recommend binding it to a key; for instance, type bind f5 "em", that'll bind the toggle command to f5 so whenever you press f5, the menu will magically appear.
More about all of this stuff, guidelines and shit like that will come soon!

I know this thread isn't in the suggestions board, but I'd like some feedback and some suggestions!

The donator package is still £2 per month (for now :o).
Also, the TF2 donator page is being reworked, this time it'll use your window 100%, just to burn and tire your eyes. The fonts will be huge (if the flow of content is not massive).

Give me a hug? :)

28 May 2009, 15:54
8 Posts

He did this in

OVERTIEM OVERTIEM OVERTIEM OVERTIEM OVERTIEM OVERTIEM OVERTIEM.

sorry Karl

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Looks great to me i like it, needs more eye lasers though :P

Great work Karl :)

05 Jun 2009, 17:41
29 Posts

Isn't F5 the key to shut down the game?

I think it's all brilliant Karly-poos. Good job!

Wearing Fro hat as Scout is primo :D

28 May 2009, 15:54
8 Posts

Chaoslava wrote:

I think it's all brilliant Karly-poos. Good job!

Wearing Fro hat as Scout is primo :D

Nah.

Valve removed the original binding to "Quit game" as so many a-holes were saying it to new people that F10 would give them all the unlocks.

1994 Posts

Chaoslava wrote:

Usually that is F10 as far as I know.

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

F5 is to take Freeze-Cam aswell as Screenshots with.
But no one said you have to bind it to F5 :)
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

Ultimate100 wrote:
But no one said you have to bind it to F5 :)

Exactly!

840 Posts

Just a random note i don't think the glow is working, after respawn of a round i get [SM]GlowMe is not enabled not sure if its just me that its broken for but thought i would bring it up :)

1994 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
Just a random note i don't think the glow is working, after respawn of a round i get [SM]GlowMe is not enabled not sure if its just me that its broken for but thought i would bring it up :)

When you die it'll work again. It may be counted as a bug, but that would be if you intend to not get killed a single time in one round...

12 Jun 2009, 18:24
10 Posts

The only small problem i habe with the hat thing is that it makes us real hat owners (3 over here :D ) feel less special :(

I can't get no relief"

Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

LyleSpruce wrote:
The only small problem i habe with the hat thing is that it makes us real hat owners (3 over here :D ) feel less special :(

To us, that's awesome? :D

840 Posts

I can confirm that this does not work for me at all for some reason, at the end of each round i just get the normal lose or win animation and at the start of the next round it always says [SM]GlowMe is not enabled, and i know i dided atleast once in my last session >.<

22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

LyleSpruce wrote:

True, but if you want people to donate you have to make them feel more special :D by having all the hats you are special

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ]