New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 27 posts ] 
03 Aug 2009, 17:21
159 Posts

So I saw this being done at another place and figured it could be fun to try out here.

I'm running a hat raffle. 27 entries are accepted. Each scrap metal is 1 entry. I will list the entries here, in order that I receive the scrap. When there are 27 entries, I will craft all the metal together into a random hat, and the winner will receive the hat as the prize. The winner will be chosen by a random number generator that will choose a number from 1 to 27.

Entries are limited to 3 per person.

No, this isn't a scam or anything, and I gain nor lose nothing from doing this, just figured it'd be a fun idea to try, and not really expensive for anyone to partake in. :)

To enter, my steamid is theblackerbanana. Add me, and your name will be put up on the raffle list as soon as I recieve the scrap.

:sax:

1. -
2. -
3. -
4. -
5. -
6. -
7. -
8. -
9. -
10. -
11. -
12. -
13. -
etc

e: due to not enough people the raffle is on hold/canceled for now. Everyone has been reimbursed.

12 Jun 2010, 19:04
276 Posts

so i can send you 2 scraps with 2 accounts to put up my chance to win this hat xD?

159 Posts

One scrap metal is one entry, so you can send two under one name for two slots, the maximum is 3 scraps per account to keep it fair for everyone :p

Also for the record I'm not entering this myself, so I'd have no motive for tampering with any randomized results.

08 Jan 2010, 13:23
504 Posts

Id like to play too!

I added you, i will enter with 2 scraps

24 Dec 2010, 15:17
158 Posts

Im in too, another 2 scrap ftw!

08 Jan 2010, 13:23
504 Posts

This is awesome really

APRILON LOTTERY
Win a hat by entering the drawing with 1 or 2 scrap, when there are enough enteries a random hat is crafted, then a random winner is selected

If the current one goes fine, maybe we should try announcing it and do it weekly

159 Posts

Seems like we've gotten a couple of people anyways starting this off. Feel free to tell other aprilon people about it so we'll be able to eventually finish it ;)

Oh and Multi it's 3 scraps max :p

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

It's a good idea! But I doubt people will pay 1-3 scraps every week. They'll be out in no time. :P
159 Posts

tbh I think we should just test this, see how long it takes to do, and if there's enough interest from the community and the previous entrants we can try it again.

09 Apr 2010, 16:02
930 Posts

I'll donate 2 scraps :)
Add me and I will give you them when I have time to play tonight

CaRIOcas 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7SavzqdSM
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
12 Jun 2010, 19:04
276 Posts

is it possible to get specific numbers :P? if no, contact me at number 12, 14 and 21 xD

159 Posts

My plan was, when I got a full list to randomize the list of entries so it was all jumbled around, and then getting a random number generator to pick a number which I would count on the randomized list.

If people don't want this I can change that, otherwise I was thinking that the order didn't really matter. But if you want, you can have those special numbers :p

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

You should make it live, and stream it to all the other people in the contest, who are online, when you generate the number! :D
24 Dec 2010, 15:17
158 Posts

Bump, maybe? :p

159 Posts

well first things first we need to get 27 scraps in to get the whole thing rolling.... but things seem to have frozen up a bit >_>