New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 17 posts ] 
04 Jun 2009, 14:07
27 Posts

Well, if you're lazy, just don't read the post: the Subject tells everything.

I was thinking about this a while ago:
I like the Aprilion Sandbox server but the sad thing, its because the server itself, NOT the community. Well, its not much time but some of you guys know i played lots and lots of hours on aprilion, especially before the whole "applications on forum" stuff started (it was funny to get adminship without writing an app :P, and loosing it because i'm inactive on forums XD)

T'was fun sometimes and everything but there are a few things that just kills my mood and it happens lots of time on aprilion:
-Admin abuse
Dont tell me its a lie, i cant remember how many times i've seen things like "Why did you kick me? / Because you annoyed me, go cry to mummy!" how many times i had to leave because i cant build my own stuff, because an admin unfreezed it, started to mess it up or just couldn't stand the lag because an admin made a laggy stuff, or just spammed a big pile of explosive barrels, to have something to shoot at. And these are just some examples. I wont say names, my goal isn't getting rid of abusive admins, if the community let it happens... its not my problem anymore.

-The "Many admins on, or no admins on" effect. In the 75% of my playtime i didn't see any admin on, but otherwise i've seen 2-3 and... well technically most of em use adminship to build peacefully because they can kick/bann players. And it would be nice BUT something happened lots of time: An admin didn't give a s***t to kick the player who mess with other peoples stuff, as long as they leave the admin's.

- A community that expect you to being an active part of it, but it really don't care about you.
This is the main reason, why im not active on forums. I hate to see that, how many new players don't even join because the community of "good old friends" here treat 'em like a pile of... nothing.

Sooo these are the main reasons why im leaving the Aprilion Sandbox server (i didn't play on the TF server a long time ago because the same reasons).
Yes, my biggest problems was with admins... i know its not easy, because i was admin, but adminship isn't about "power" its about responsibility, and i think most of admins don't know this here.

Ive found some friends here, thats true, but only a few and... ive just got enough.
I dont want to make it a big thing, i really just wanted to say Goodbye.
I played 99% of my gmod time in Aprilion so now i hope i will find another sandbox server i can play on for a long time and my problems wouldn't exist there. If i do, of course i WONT advertise it here, nor will i say bad things about aprilion.

Anyway... it was fun sometimes, it's enough!
Goodbye Aprilion ^^
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

I don't really know you, but you deserve a Goodbye non the less. :) Hope you find somewhere nice to build RC cars/Whatever. :D

Sad to hear your experiences from the Aprilon server, and I sadly can't do anything about it, as I don't play Gmod. :( But I hope the ones you mentioned will read this.
11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

I am sad to see you go, you were a good player.

On the not of admin abuse, when have you seen this?

I know I haven't been on in a while (due to garry's laziness), but generally admins behave themselves.
I agree, there are too many admins which is why I did not want applications opened up again.
The "why did you kick me" is very common, and 99% of the time its minges who rejoin who say it, but more often than not if a player is annoying an admin they get muted/gagged rather than kicked.
I can't speak for all the admins but I have rarely seen admins interfering with other peoples stuff on purpose. If an admin kept unfreezing your stuff you should have reported them.
27 Posts

Jamza wrote:

1: On the not of admin abuse, when have you seen this?
2: If an admin kept unfreezing your stuff you should have reported them.

1: Dunno, i didn't made logs, pictures, videos because... after i tried to make things better a few times and nobody was on my side i decided not to play role in the things that isn't in MY interest. Yes its selfish but i already wasn't admin just a plain player, and i've got enough.

2: I didnt reported admin because... well its kind of a longer story. I dont want to say names but before i got my adminship i complained about an admin who did... well nothing but spawned his "wonderful" creations that made lag, killed players, annoyed about everybody and things like that. After i started complaining (not in the forums) almost everybody who knew about it, started to "attack" me because how i dare to complain about a "good friend" and everything. So technically if someone complain about an admin he don't really get the same respect, even if hes right. (Yes there are exceptions and respect for those)

About the "Unfreeze-I dont report" stuff: I know no wonder nothing happened, i know! Im not complaining about that now, it was just an example, thats why i didnt told the name, it'd be unfair now.
06 Nov 2009, 23:07
78 Posts

Wow, I go miss u but we stay friends? :D
27 Posts

IKnowIAmPro wrote:
Wow, I go miss u but we stay friends? :D

Yanick! Youre kewl, i like you! Of course we will ^^
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Hey, it's pretty sad to hear you don't want to play here anymore :(
I didn't really get to talk with you, but you seemed like a nice guy.
Best of luck! :D
30 Nov 2009, 22:56
559 Posts

Ultimate100 wrote:
Hey, it's pretty sad to hear you don't want to play here anymore :(
I didn't really get to talk with you, but you seemed like a nice guy.
Best of luck! :D

Ditto.

VIP VIP
12 Oct 2009, 14:50
243 Posts

Hope ya find a new home soon man, enjoy.

02 Oct 2009, 15:24
1585 Posts

WHAAA?! you're leaving? :cry:
i'm gonna miss you :( but as maniac said, you deserve a Goodbye. :patriot:

Known as "Ocfos" since '01.
27 Posts

Well...
I always wanted to say, im a person who admit if hes not right.
Now i have to admit i was wrong with a part of my reasons
"- A community that expect you to being an active part of it, but it really don't care about you. "
I have to say sorry about this, now i see its not as bad as i thought :)
Im glad to see theres some guys who likes me and theres even those who dont even know me but they're wishing me luck.

Thanks for everybody! ^^
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

:( Sad to see you go, we've had some good times I guess.. I don't really believe the admins here are too abusive, but hey everyone has their own views about life. :geek:
VIP VIP
21 Jul 2009, 17:21
594 Posts

It's still called Aprilon :D

:

;

-- ||
VIP VIP
21 Jul 2009, 17:21
594 Posts

:

;

-- ||
11 Dec 2009, 16:08
26 Posts

Same reasons I dont go on, Never any admins, everything gets ruined and nobody cares!
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 17 posts ]