Archive: Old pointless posts are stored here for the purposes of cleaning up the other forums.
Topic locked

Strange bug

07 Jun 2010, 12:25

Hi there,

ever since I donated, I suffer from a strange bug on the Aprilon server. Every time I walk past a resupply lockerImage in a spawn, automatically my weapon gets switched to the slot 2 weapon (shotgun for engi, Jarate for sniper etc). It's a little annoying, especially when I am busy as an engi (upgrading a teleporter), and when I want to resupply my metal, I get switched from my wrench to my shotgun and have to switch back again and again.

Have you heard about this bug and do you know how to fix it? Or am I the only one (probably, since Murphy's Law appears to have been created just for me).

Help!!!

Thanks.

V.

Re: Strange bug

07 Jun 2010, 12:45

-=Verbal=- wrote:Hi there,

ever since I donated, I suffer from a strange bug on the Aprilon server. Every time I walk past a resupply lockerImage in a spawn, automatically my weapon gets switched to the slot 2 weapon (shotgun for engi, Jarate for sniper etc). It's a little annoying, especially when I am busy as an engi (upgrading a teleporter), and when I want to resupply my metal, I get switched from my wrench to my shotgun and have to switch back again and again.

Have you heard about this bug and do you know how to fix it? Or am I the only one (probably, since Murphy's Law appears to have been created just for me).

Help!!!

Thanks.

V.

Its to do with the plugin that makes your weapons level 100 and blue, happens to me aswell and it was annoying at first but i've got used to it, i'm not sure if karl is able to just disable the level thing for you or not but just wait and i'm sure he'll reply :)

07 Jun 2010, 13:38

Yeah, I'm aware of the bug and that's why I'm using more flags so I can disable this on a per user basis. If you want it disabled, you can confirm by replying that you want it disabled. :v

If you wish to disable it, the coloured labels will no longer be on your weapons.

07 Jun 2010, 15:15

Hi Karl, as far as I'm concerned, you can disable it :)

Thanks!

V.

07 Jun 2010, 15:31

This has been disabled for you now. :)

07 Jun 2010, 16:24

Sweet. If it doesn't switch back anymore and my stickies dont disappear anymore after I resupply, I would like it to be set off for me too :)

07 Jun 2010, 17:54

Heh, this fixes it?

I'd like it to be disabled for me too then.

07 Jun 2010, 19:52

Samo! :)

08 Jun 2010, 18:34

Thanks Karl.

28 Jun 2010, 01:10

Anyone feel the switching part is annoying?

The stickies disappearing and such, I could fix it by not applying the coloured weapons on the Demoman. I'm not sure how to fix the switching part.

28 Jun 2010, 08:56

Personally I don't care about the item level, really. It's just crap.

28 Jun 2010, 13:49

Yeah, the level 100 weapon tag doesn't really do anything, and makes newbies think they are hackers :v

29 Jun 2010, 22:26

I miss my coloured weapons, the sticky part was annoying but for the rest does it really kill you to scroll your mouse wheel while in spawn to change weapon?

30 Jun 2010, 14:38

Pfft Cyph. :P It's not like you can see the text yourself. ;)

30 Jun 2010, 20:40

ManIAc wrote:Pfft Cyph. :P It's not like you can see the text yourself. ;)

Totally can each time i scroll my mouse wheel, and its more the satisfaction of knowing the person i just pwned got a face full of purple text :P
Topic locked