New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 21 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Yeah, so I've getting this error quite often lately.
I've tried to re-install GMod completely, but it doesn't seem to work.
It happens on almost every server when I'm trying to join it, and once in a while I am able to get in to the server. I have been searching on google, most people said that playing with 'rates' should fix the problem, but I've been trying almost everything.

Have anyone else experienced this problem, and how did they fix it?

Thank you,
Ultimate100
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

You should post your addons :v

11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

It happens. Everybody gets them. Its a flaw of GMod.

Just keep trying until you get connected.
881 Posts

The only addons I have is Wiremod, PHX, some defaults ones that follows and a sniper rifle pack, but I got the error before I even installed anything.

Anyways, thanks Jamza for telling me. I thought I was the only one, who had that problem :)

Please tell me, if you find a cure :)
30 Nov 2009, 22:56
559 Posts

I don't think I get it nearly as often as you, but yes I get it too.

VIP VIP
09 Apr 2010, 16:02
930 Posts

I got it once in tf2 too :tinfoil:

CaRIOcas 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7SavzqdSM
VIP VIP
11 Jan 2010, 18:38
59 Posts

This error occurs mostly when the server-host is very busy. Also, if your router or your network-host have a hard time receive data, the error could probably show up.
881 Posts

I'm getting insane of the constant game crash. My game crashes like every 20 to 40. minute. I don't know what the hell is wrong, but it's starting to get on my nerves... I crashed less in Gmod 9 back in the days..

I've tried to reinstall Gmod entirely with Wire and PHX, I'm still getting crashed constantly. I assume Gmod crash is somewhat normal, but I doubt it is normal with the frequency it happens to me. Even sometimes when someone plays a song on the Jukebox I just crash... It's just starting to get stupid :x

I'm using VISTA home premium, which in my opinion sucks pretty bad. My idea of what could be wrong is, that I know my computer tends to believe that games or programs is not responding when it's loading, and no I am not interferring. I've used to play Cabal Online, where I played it in window mode and everytime it went on load screen just for a short while, it told me that it wasn't responding, but it came back after a few seconds again. Maybe this is the problem with Gmod, that it isn't coming back, and my computer just believes it crashed?

I don't know, I have no advanced knowledge on computer shit like that, but my computer has absolutely no problem running GMOD, so that can't be the problem.

It also happens as well, when I've updated some icons after browsing through several props.

If anyone would have a clue what could be wrong, please tell me..

Regards Ultimate100 :!:
VIP VIP
59 Posts

Are you getting some kind of error-reports, such as "hl2 has stopped working", due to the crash? :sax:
881 Posts

Yeah, but it doesn't matter I've got a new computer where the problem isn't happening.
VIP VIP
59 Posts

it's always the hardware.. or the person that has command over it :quagmire:
881 Posts

Quote:
or the person that has command over it

Sounds possible :-D
VIP VIP
59 Posts

:lol:
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

For future reference, if you get a "Buffer overflow in net message" try increasing your myinfo_bytes cvar to 4096 or higher.
Post here if it worked or didn't. :v
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Do you think rewriting gStream to not stream the songstable upon spawn would help a little? :P