General discussion for hardware, software and programming shizzle.
Post a reply

Re: What kind of phone do you have?

07 Jul 2010, 23:37

Voice recognition :v

20 Jul 2010, 14:35

New phone; SE Xperia X10 Mini :mrgreen:

06 Dec 2010, 13:10

I HAZ A NEW PHONEE! I IZ ON IT NOW AND IT IS AWESOME!
ZTE BLADE :3:

06 Dec 2010, 13:57

the iPhone is superior phone

06 Dec 2010, 17:20

Karl wrote:the iPhone is superior phone

Yeah, have it break down after 1 year, no warranty and you'll have to play 200 euros to fix. Very well made product indeed!

06 Dec 2010, 17:27

Aya wrote:have it break down after 1 year

I have an 2 1/2 years old iPhone 3G.

Aya wrote:no warranty and you'll have to play 200 euros to fix.

And this differs how to any other Tech Product?
I once broke the screen on my EeePC 701 which I paid £120 for new. They wanted to charge me £190 to fix it.

06 Dec 2010, 17:38

If I remember correctly, here in holland Apple products have a 1 year warranty, while every other manufacturer offers 2. That's quite sad, imo.

And also, I'm basing this off of what I read on consumer sites. I have an old iPod nano that still works after 2 years.

06 Dec 2010, 21:54

My iPod shuffle still works after 4 years :cheers:
Imo, Apple did a great job on the iPods and the iPad. Mac computers and iPhones are big fail :v

06 Dec 2010, 21:57

Aya wrote:If I remember correctly, here in holland Apple products have a 1 year warranty, while every other manufacturer offers 2. That's quite sad, imo.

And also, I'm basing this off of what I read on consumer sites. I have an old iPod nano that still works after 2 years.

It doesn't matter how long warranty there is. There's a tiny sticker, which turns red after receiving just a TINY amount of moisture, (like having it in the pocket of your pants, which you have with you into the bathroom while you shower), which they will look at no matter the damage. If it's red, they don't fix it. They just label it as water-damage, and throw it back in your face.

Lovely customer service.

06 Dec 2010, 22:08

ManIAc wrote:
Aya wrote:If I remember correctly, here in holland Apple products have a 1 year warranty, while every other manufacturer offers 2. That's quite sad, imo.

It doesn't matter how long warranty there is. There's a tiny sticker, which turns red after receiving just a TINY amount of moisture, (like having it in the pocket of your pants, which you have with you into the bathroom while you shower), which they will look at no matter the damage. If it's red, they don't fix it. They just label it as water-damage, and throw it back in your face.

Lovely customer service.

Again, most devices have them, and there are countless stories of devices not being fixed because of the moisture strip.

Also, while I always seem to be defending Apple, I am not actually an Apple Fanboy. I just play devils advocate.

07 Dec 2010, 19:21

Jamza wrote:I am not actually an Apple Fanboy.

:/

lol, it works I guess.

07 Mar 2011, 16:20

Duhh Iphone 4 :x

07 Mar 2011, 20:05

i have an iPhone 4 too

07 Mar 2011, 21:27

I no longer have an iPhone :(

After almost 4 years of faithful service the battery has finally given out and the battery for it is no longer made :(

EDIT: Fixed the problem, opened it up and a wire had come loose, re-soldered and works fine now :D

18 Apr 2011, 00:10

Jamza wrote:EDIT: Fixed the problem, opened it up and a wire had come loose, re-soldered and works fine now :D

I call hax.

Im currently using a LG Optimus 7 (which I have named Optimus Prime, of course)
Its a very sturdy, well build device (which is odd, because its an LG ;D)
It runs WindowsPhone & anyone who follows me on twitter will testify to the constant stream of spam I put out about apps Im making, apps Im reviewing & generally any old garbage about WindowsPhone.

I cant find a decent photo, so heres a generic display pic of it :)

PS: if anyone is stupid enough to claim that WindowsPhone is WindowsMobile with a new UI, I will eat your face. Slowly.
Post a reply