New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
12 Jun 2011, 14:15
102 Posts

So, afterall, what Mac would you suggest me? I'm currently between the "2.5GHz Mac mini" at 799$ with customizable stuff
Code:
2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor
8GB DDR3 memory upgrade
750GB (7200-rpm) hard drive

And the MacBook Air, with only 200$ more, being 999$
I guess the MacBook Air is more worth it, but i'm not sure wether you can change parts or not. If yes, i go for that. Also, the portability is much bigger than the Mini's... Actually you will need a steady power source for the Mini... Though you need a TV screen aswell, or a monitor will do it too, while the Air has both...
In conclusion, what would you suggest me? (Don't think about the money, 1000$ once in my life worths it)

And containing universe boot-up sequence...
Do not alter at ANY circumstances....
If you have any problems, please shut the universe down and restart....

Microsoft (Gods Division)

WHERE IS MY FUCKING COOKIE?!?!
29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

why do you want a mac, why wouldnt a cheaper normal pc do?

also its not "once"
that mac wont last longer than other pcs, so you will have to rebuy stuff at one point
31 Aug 2009, 02:17
22 Posts

Why a mac >:C
Server Admin Server Admin
11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

Well its hard to help you decide which one when we don't know what the intended purpose is.

e.g.

For gaming, currently a MacBook (Pro) (running OS X or Windows) isn't necessarily the best as Apple only update the graphics card every one to two years. When they do, they typically use the latest and greatest (within reason) so buy a MacBook (Pro) soon after a refresh. Outside of a refresh cycle, try a non-mac laptop.

For general web browsing/email/etc, a macbook (even the NetBook Air) would be over powered so the best solution would probably be a large screened netbook.

For any development, I would suggest a MacBook. Why? OS X. In my opinion, OS X is the best platform to develop on: it being UNIX-Like and a Commercial OS with good commercial application support; and a well-thought-out development flow; it just makes development much smoother. Try getting GNU GCC working on windows or Photoshop on linux (Cygwin, Wine need not apply).
VIP VIP
09 Apr 2010, 16:02
930 Posts

I was waiting for Jamza to post here :D.

CaRIOcas 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7SavzqdSM
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ]