New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
12 Jun 2011, 14:15
102 Posts

So yes, sorry for "spamming topics" if you think i do, but this is the only place where people can help me pretty fast...
Ok back to my problem...
So recently i bought a 5.1 sound system, wich uses 3 cables... (Subwoofer&Center, backright&backleft. frontright&frontleft) The problem is that on my on-board card i have only 3 jacks, (Mic, Output, Line in) wich thankfully i can set all of them for a 5.1 configuration, so i can plug all my stuff in. BUT, now the problem is that i don't have any space left for the mic and the line in. But i found a PCI sound card at another PC, wich i installed into my PC, and somehow i stroke the installation pack. Now both of them work, just that the new one (from the other PC) doesnt have a 5.1 support. So i wonder if i can keep my on-board card for the 5.1 system, and i wish somehow to use the other board to output the Line In and Mic to my on-board card. I've googled it, but people only had threads like "multi-room sound". Any ideas? (Buying a card with 6 jacks is also an idea, im trying to be economic though)

And containing universe boot-up sequence...
Do not alter at ANY circumstances....
If you have any problems, please shut the universe down and restart....

Microsoft (Gods Division)

WHERE IS MY FUCKING COOKIE?!?!
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Doesn't your motherboard support frontpanel inputs as separate inputs? If not, (and you have to plug the frontpanel mini-jacks into the motherboard inputs), then you might have to do a workaround. How.. Well.. Better have some of the others explain that.
12 Jun 2011, 14:15
102 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
Doesn't your motherboard support frontpanel inputs as separate inputs? If not, (and you have to plug the frontpanel mini-jacks into the motherboard inputs), then you might have to do a workaround. How.. Well.. Better have some of the others explain that.

My front pannel board only has 2 usbs, wich i had to connect them to the board -.- but it doest have a jack support, even though the board is just as long as there was one, and on the case i got the "places" where the jacks should be, but they are filled up with plastic... Just like someone stole the jacks from the board :3:

Edit: So the only thing i need is to stream the Line In from the other sound board the to current one, without having to unplug one of the cables. (Through a software way, using a sound splitter is my last option) :?

And containing universe boot-up sequence...
Do not alter at ANY circumstances....
If you have any problems, please shut the universe down and restart....

Microsoft (Gods Division)

WHERE IS MY FUCKING COOKIE?!?!
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ]