General discussion for hardware, software and programming shizzle.
Post a reply

Once again, Kira posts...

10 Jan 2012, 09:05

So yes, sorry for "spamming topics" if you think i do, but this is the only place where people can help me pretty fast...
Ok back to my problem...
So recently i bought a 5.1 sound system, wich uses 3 cables... (Subwoofer&Center, backright&backleft. frontright&frontleft) The problem is that on my on-board card i have only 3 jacks, (Mic, Output, Line in) wich thankfully i can set all of them for a 5.1 configuration, so i can plug all my stuff in. BUT, now the problem is that i don't have any space left for the mic and the line in. But i found a PCI sound card at another PC, wich i installed into my PC, and somehow i stroke the installation pack. Now both of them work, just that the new one (from the other PC) doesnt have a 5.1 support. So i wonder if i can keep my on-board card for the 5.1 system, and i wish somehow to use the other board to output the Line In and Mic to my on-board card. I've googled it, but people only had threads like "multi-room sound". Any ideas? (Buying a card with 6 jacks is also an idea, im trying to be economic though)

Re: Once again, Kira posts...

10 Jan 2012, 19:25

Doesn't your motherboard support frontpanel inputs as separate inputs? If not, (and you have to plug the frontpanel mini-jacks into the motherboard inputs), then you might have to do a workaround. How.. Well.. Better have some of the others explain that.

Re: Once again, Kira posts...

11 Jan 2012, 11:25

ManIAc wrote:Doesn't your motherboard support frontpanel inputs as separate inputs? If not, (and you have to plug the frontpanel mini-jacks into the motherboard inputs), then you might have to do a workaround. How.. Well.. Better have some of the others explain that.

My front pannel board only has 2 usbs, wich i had to connect them to the board -.- but it doest have a jack support, even though the board is just as long as there was one, and on the case i got the "places" where the jacks should be, but they are filled up with plastic... Just like someone stole the jacks from the board :3:

Edit: So the only thing i need is to stream the Line In from the other sound board the to current one, without having to unplug one of the cables. (Through a software way, using a sound splitter is my last option) :?
Post a reply