New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
VIP VIP
23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

I don't know if any of you use this port, But I'm having problems with it.
I use this port to import DV/HDV video footage from my camcorder to my editing program. Recently I did a system restore. Before the System Restore the port worked fine. But afterwards it would not detect it. At first I thought it was the cable, so I said okay, let me get a new one, in the end it turned out it wasn't the cable but probably the computer port. SO, I don't know if the System Restore deactivated the port or the driver somehow, but If anyone knows how to get it back so it works, that'd be great :D

19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

I heard defragging your PC helps.

11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

First 'port' of call would be to check device manager. Check for either the device itself, or any unknown device.

What is likely that driver for the device was removed/overwritten in the system restore process, if this is the case it will be obvious from device manager. A simple case of reinstall the driver (or if onboard, the chipset/mobo drivers).
VIP VIP
23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

Jamza wrote:
First 'port' of call would be to check device manager. Check for either the device itself, or any unknown device.

What is likely that driver for the device was removed/overwritten in the system restore process, if this is the case it will be obvious from device manager. A simple case of reinstall the driver (or if onboard, the chipset/mobo drivers).

All right, how do I reinstall the driver exactly?