General discussion for hardware, software and programming shizzle.
Post a reply

IEEE 1394 Firewire port problems

12 Jul 2011, 21:55

I don't know if any of you use this port, But I'm having problems with it.
I use this port to import DV/HDV video footage from my camcorder to my editing program. Recently I did a system restore. Before the System Restore the port worked fine. But afterwards it would not detect it. At first I thought it was the cable, so I said okay, let me get a new one, in the end it turned out it wasn't the cable but probably the computer port. SO, I don't know if the System Restore deactivated the port or the driver somehow, but If anyone knows how to get it back so it works, that'd be great :D

Re: IEEE 1394 Firewire port problems

12 Jul 2011, 22:12

I heard defragging your PC helps.

12 Jul 2011, 23:05

First 'port' of call would be to check device manager. Check for either the device itself, or any unknown device.

What is likely that driver for the device was removed/overwritten in the system restore process, if this is the case it will be obvious from device manager. A simple case of reinstall the driver (or if onboard, the chipset/mobo drivers).

14 Jul 2011, 22:55

Jamza wrote:First 'port' of call would be to check device manager. Check for either the device itself, or any unknown device.

What is likely that driver for the device was removed/overwritten in the system restore process, if this is the case it will be obvious from device manager. A simple case of reinstall the driver (or if onboard, the chipset/mobo drivers).

All right, how do I reinstall the driver exactly?
Post a reply