New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

Anybody have any suggestions for a good DSLR for a non-beginner/non-expert that is reasonably priced (around £400ish)?

I've heard good things about the Canon EOS 1100D but not sure if it offers the sort of configurability I want.

Mine bit the dust this morning when it somehow fell off a FLAT surface somehow during the night where the lens and screen broke. :(

Thank You.
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

Ouch :c

You should read up on it's dpreview if your uncertain about the configurability, they write the best reviews imo. ;)
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

What kind of configuration are you looking for, Jamza?
1264 Posts

I've been tempted towards a Canon EOS 550D which I seem to be able to get for around £300 second hand.
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Use the iPhone camera. I heard it takes high quality pictures. High quality being the keyword here! High quality like everything that Apple makes!

/s

1264 Posts

Flex My Rex wrote:
Use the iPhone camera. I heard it takes high quality pictures. High quality being the keyword here! High quality like everything that Apple makes!

/s

It's a shitty 1MP camera, which add's a lot of noise/grain/etc during good conditions. :P
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

MP doesn't even say anything. Every time I see a phone that has like a 10MP camera or so, I laugh my ass off, since it's sensors are still tiny.

1264 Posts

Flex My Rex wrote:
MP doesn't even say anything. Every time I see a phone that has like a 10MP camera or so, I laugh my ass off, since it's sensors are still tiny.

Yes I agree. However I was meaning the tiny sensor 1MP camera is just shitty, not that its shitty solely because its 1MP :P
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

Flex My Rex wrote:
/s

Stalemate detected.
1264 Posts

Ended up buying a Canon EOS 550D.

Played about with it at the beach today http://flic.kr/s/aHsjuQZpV7 :)
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

Some very nice photos taken here Jamza.

Hope you have fun with your new camera.
VIP VIP
23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

wow amazing photos,
By any chance do you know how to change the focus on the camera to certain points? like the way you took 2 different pictures of the pier leg close up and far view.

Cause I've been meaning to do that with filming as well? Idk if it would be the same type of settings or not.

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Xana wrote:
wow amazing photos,
By any chance do you know how to change the focus on the camera to certain points? like the way you took 2 different pictures of the pier leg close up and far view.

Cause I've been meaning to do that with filming as well? Idk if it would be the same type of settings or not.

You can use a manual focus on these type of cameras, which is why he can do it like that.

You can do the same with filming as well. The camera mostly got to have an attached lens though. Some cam-corders let's you choose focus points as well. (Which I used a lot for my high school graduation project)
1264 Posts

Xana wrote:
wow amazing photos,

What you need to look into is depth of field. It is essentially how large the shutter is infront of the sensor and controls how much is in focus. The larger the open sensor area the less that will be in focus.

Now a days, operating Video Camera's and DSLR's is very similar. Most modern DSLR's can do full HD 1080p which can rival dedicated video camera's but most are limited to 29 minutes and 59 seconds of recording to avoid the tax levied on video cameras. :P
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ]