New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

Now, this might not be a huge problem but does extend the length of my one month old computer booting up. I'm not sure if this is a hardware based problem, or software based problem, but I'm gonna probably blame the software.

What's happening oh blessed one? :

- Booting up, showing the Windows logo. It freezes for around one second then automatically restarts.
- The Startup Repair wizard seems to BSoD me when I use it.

- Starts up, freezes and restarts.
- Go into Startup Repair Wizard to get a BSoD and have to press the restart button.
- Wait for it to succeed and get into Windows.

Overall, I don't know what's happening. It started a couple of days ago when playing Minecraft. I got my first ever BSoD on this machine, and its been happening ever since. I might try and find a restore point to go to or re-install Windows, but is there anything I can do in the mean time?

Have some BSoD pictures.
ImageImageImageImage
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

ndis.sys is part of the networking system of windows, do you by any chance have a mainboard with an onboard realtek networking chip?
I think there was a driver-update through windows update you can install to prevent those BSOD's.
Alternatively get the driver manualy: www.realtek.com.tw
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Your screen is blue.

That is all.
1051 Posts

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
ndis.sys is part of the networking system of windows, do you by any chance have a mainboard with an onboard realtek networking chip?
I think there was a driver-update through windows update you can install to prevent those BSOD's.
Alternatively get the driver manualy: http://www.realtek.com.tw

You are right, it does.
I don't know the name of the on-board chip though.
08 Feb 2010, 14:48
545 Posts

HAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA BLUESCREEN NOOB! <3
1051 Posts

And now to revive this thread. I seem to have found that it is caused when both RAM modules are inserted (into the anus, all the way(sorry, couldn't help myself, TEEHEE)).

I ran a memtest on each module. When they both were in, there was a problem. When they're in seperately, they work fine and pass the tests with flying colours.

Im thinking that upping the voltage to 1.65v could remedy the issue. Is this safe to do?
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ]