11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

hey guise i got a new computer but i cudnt wait

14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

LOL Karl, did you take that photo? :P
_____

Jamza wrote:
WHY WON'T THIS FUCKING DIE! Macs CAN right click, and have done so for years. The ONLY apple computer that can't right click is the 1998 iMac, and even then it could right click just the mouse that shipped with it had one button, a 2+ button mouse would still work. The current mice may look like one button, but are infact 3/4/5 button mice, its just design.

Also, even my Creative Media teacher thinks that the Mighty Mouse can't right click.. But you can.

Preferences > Mouse
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Mac sucks btw.

Overpriced. The word that wins this entire discussion.

11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

Aya wrote:
Mac sucks btw.

Opinion. There are plenty who agree/disagree with you. The same there is with any product.

Aya wrote:
Overpriced.

Premium Brand. Read up on Economics. While not wrong, A LOT of people still pay it. Supply and Demand. Anyway, its not HORRIBLY overpriced so that the average consumer can't afford it.
You drink Coca Cola, when Tesco own brand is very similar and much cheaper ;)
1037 Posts

Jamza wrote:
Aya wrote:
Mac sucks btw.

Opinion. There are plenty who agree/disagree with you. The same there is with any product.

Aya wrote:
Overpriced.

Premium Brand. Read up on Economics. While not wrong, A LOT of people still pay it. Supply and Demand. Anyway, its not HORRIBLY overpriced so that the average consumer can't afford it.
You drink Coca Cola, when Tesco own brand is very similar and much cheaper ;)

That's the most retarded arguement I've ever heard. I drink Pepsi because it actually tastes better than el cheapo cola. For the Mac, you pay more, while you get less in terms of hardware, far less, far far less. So you say, it's all about the OS. What can the OS do that W7 can't? Or even better, what can the Mac do that W7 PC can't do that warrants the insane difference in price?

08 Jan 2010, 13:23
504 Posts

lol i love reading Aya's arguments
+rep

1264 Posts

Aya wrote:
That's the most retarded arguement I've ever heard. I drink Pepsi because it actually tastes better than el cheapo cola. For the Mac, you pay more, while you get less in terms of hardware, far less, far far less. So you say, it's all about the OS. What can the OS do that W7 can't? Or even better, what can the Mac do that W7 PC can't do that warrants the insane difference in price?

Jesus Christ, calm down. You seem to be getting agitated. Its JUST a different platform. If you don't like it, fair enough, you are entitled to your own opinion, as is everyone else. It doesn't matter what justification or reasoning you give, at the end of the day: A Mac User is a Mac User, a Windows User is a Windows User, a Linux User is a Linux User etc. If the user is happy with the platform of choice, what is the issue?

Connor merely asked whether he should upgrade his PC or save up for a Mac, its hardly the middle east peace talks. He just wanted some advice, not the attacking of certain brands or products.
1037 Posts

Jamza wrote:
Aya wrote:

Jesus Christ, calm down. You seem to be getting agitated. Its JUST a different platform. If you don't like it, fair enough, you are entitled to your own opinion, as is everyone else. It doesn't matter what justification or reasoning you give, at the end of the day: A Mac User is a Mac User, a Windows User is a Windows User, a Linux User is a Linux User etc.

I am calm. Where am I agitated? This is just how discussions work. If I were angry I would've thrown in a bunch of swear words. So basically, you are not discussing the content of this discussion because you can't answer the question I asked you, why a Mac warrants the high price tag. I personally don't like it, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to changing. If you can come up with good arguments as to why a Mac is a better choice than a PC (at least, I'm guessing that's why you have a Mac, and not a PC, unless you are one of those people who want to feel special because they have a Mac).

At the end of the day, a Mac user is a pretentious 'artist', a Windows user is someone who cares about pricing and wants all programs to work (in general), and a Linux user is a nerd.

Agreed?

1264 Posts

Aya wrote:
At the end of the day, a Mac user is a pretentious 'artist', a Windows user is someone who cares about pricing and wants all programs to work (in general), and a Linux user is a nerd.

Agreed?

Not all Mac Users are pretentious artists... I can't draw shit :P

Mac was my choice because I wanted a mature UNIX-like desktop. One that had commercial and POSIX application support.
Server Admin Server Admin
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

I'm no nerd, and I use Linux on my laptop, mainly cause it boots fast, it does web browsing and other simple things.. I never use my laptop for hardcore stuff. :)

(Ubuntu)
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Windows vs. Mac discussions.. :?
VIP VIP
09 Apr 2010, 16:02
930 Posts

Let this crap die and let Conor decide what he does :v

CaRIOcas 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7SavzqdSM