New topic New reply  Page 2 of 2
 [ 18 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Aya wrote:
Sorry to say, but what a huge waste of money. Even though Alienware is good, it's ridiculously overpriced...

Unless of course you want it for the case (lol).

Anoyingly enough, Aya, yesterday I was helping Ofcos out with his dream of a computer in the near future, and it's not that bad.
I made the same computer, which costed 2000€ (the alienware), for 1677€. Only problem was the lots of details they didn't tell, like which motherboard the Alienware was using, which kind of RAM, (Mostly for the timing), and stuff like that. The computer I made had a bit pricy motherboard, (the one I'm using, just for a quick comparison), which could knock off around 175€.
I didn't really go price-hunting, or check for best compatibility.. I just quickly mashed something together.
One thing the Alienware has, that "mine" didn't, is liquid CPU cooling. Which in itself it pretty good. I'm not sure Ofcos will use it to it's fullest, as he's probably not OC'ing the shit out of his CPU, but at least it's silent.

So overall, it's still a wee bit pricy, but it's actually not THAT much of a difference, if you take into considderation all the extra wee bits you get on the Alienware.
My biggest complaint is still that he's getting a high-end PC, but doesn't know what makes it tick.

I still love that I have assembled my own PCs through the years. Yeah, sometimes you might fuck something up, and it won't work, but when you then make it work, it's awesome. Gives one a better knowledge of your own PC, and also makes it seem like like: "My own", because I worked hard to make it work, and know every tiny bit there's in that chassis!
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

I'm agreeing so hard with you, my buttcheeks are sweating.

11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Ocfos88 wrote:
Aya wrote:
Sorry to say, but what a huge waste of money. Even though Alienware is good, it's ridiculously overpriced...

Unless of course you want it for the case (lol).

i'm only buying it for the quality, sure if you can find another brand with the same specs for less $$$ i'd buy that instead.

What specs