New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 18 posts ] 
02 Oct 2009, 15:24
1585 Posts

Since i'm not so good with anything technical i'd like to ask you guys on the fourm if you could help me get a good yet cheap solution for a Gaming PC :v i'm really in dire need of a new one since my Laptop here doesn't run most games properly, and by that i mean i have immense FPS lagg.
I've been thinking of getting an Alienware PC but i'm unsure.
Every suggestion are welcome as long as it's helpful :sax:

Known as "Ocfos" since '01.
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Alienwares aren't cheap.

1585 Posts

Karl wrote:
Alienwares aren't cheap.

i know, that's also the thing that's making me unsure, i only have 2.000-5.000 out of 14.700 DKK (roughly £1.470)

Server Admin Server Admin
11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

There is no such thing as a cheap gaming pc.

Unless you like 12 FPS. :P
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

I bought a laptop yesterday for 6666,- DNK
It runs games like Bad Company 2 on highest settings with no problem (Though I like to run it on low :P )
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Ultimate100 wrote:
It runs games like Bad Company 2 on highest settings with no problem (Though I like to run it on low :P )

You LIKE to run it on low?.. Seriously? What the hell. XD

Ocfos88 wrote:
Since i'm not so good with anything technical i'd like to ask you guys on the fourm if you could help me get a good yet cheap solution for a Gaming PC :v i'm really in dire need of a new one since my Laptop here doesn't run most games properly, and by that i mean i have immense FPS lagg.
I've been thinking of getting an Alienware PC but i'm unsure.
Every suggestion are welcome as long as it's helpful :sax:

Well. Do you have a stationary atm? And if you do, how old is it?
Just wondering if upgrading would be a solution, or you would have to go and buy a whole new PC.
I wouldn't even considder an Alienware unless you have so much money, that you don't mind paying a bit overprice for it.
Dell's Alienware and XPS computers are really great for gaming, but you pay alot for the brand. But they work.

I would probably personally buy the parts and assemble it myself, like I always have done.
If you want a top-range computer. (Not a MONSTER computer, but a computer like mine, that can run all modern games in top quality with great FPS, but without all the gadgets), you would probably have to let go of around 7000-9000DKK. (900-1200€)
You can get a very good PC for 6000, but the only problem would be that it wouldn't last that long before it's outdated, compared to if you paid a bit more for it.

IMO the most optimal would be to wait for ½year, untill ATI launch their new GPU archtype, which hopefully should be better than Nvidia's, no idea if it's going to be better, but one could hope. Nvidia's 400-series is good, but needs a bit of perfection, which their later cards in that series probably will have.
So I would wait, then use a bit more on a better computer that lasts longer. Then also buy a high-performance chassis to go with it. Then you have one sweet motherfucker of a computer. (For around 8-9000kr)
16 Aug 2009, 23:54
965 Posts

Do what me, my brother and my dad do and build a new gaming machine from the ground up. You don't need an overpowered one like an Alienware for instance, but a nice modest, mid-range rig would do just as well. It should last you fine until the next big CPU and Operating System releases.

One word of caution regarding Alienware, all you are paying for is the brand at the end of the day, nothing more. If you build an Alienware spec PC yourself it'll likely cost you a lot less than buying a prebuilt one from Alienware yourself. We don't you having buyer's remorse. :P

What's the point of getting gmod if you have no creativity?

Dave [AD] killed Karlicious using prop_physics

|SLA|ƿƐȚȝɌ ΡլϓЅ<33: if i was admin i will set prop limit 800
Maximus: me 2
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
Ultimate100 wrote:

You LIKE to run it on low?.. Seriously? What the hell. XD

Well, let's just put it this way, when the fighting gets too dusty and closeup explosions etc. it tends to lower my FPS on high settings.
I have to be honest. :v
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Get an i7 920 (or 860?) and an ATI 5850. Everything else will be fine. Should be able to build a PC containing this for ~1200 euros?

1890 Posts

Well if he were to do that, he would need a new motherboard. Which also means new RAM.
1037 Posts

Yes, I'm assuming he'd pick out the remaining things like a new mobo and ram based on those two things. Should still easily be able for around 1200.

1890 Posts

Also.. Get HD5870! One I got.. Kick ass. :3
1585 Posts

i've settled with getting an alienware stationary PC with a screen wich is actually cheaper than this laptop i'm typing from currently.
this laptop costing 16.000 DNK
and the alienware pc + screen costing 13.800 DNK
despite, one of my mom's friends broke my old screen wich was actually rather expensive :v so i'll get 4.000 in compensation wich just brings me closer to my goal :D

1037 Posts

Sorry to say, but what a huge waste of money. Even though Alienware is good, it's ridiculously overpriced...

Unless of course you want it for the case (lol).

1585 Posts

Aya wrote:
Sorry to say, but what a huge waste of money. Even though Alienware is good, it's ridiculously overpriced...

Unless of course you want it for the case (lol).

i'm only buying it for the quality, sure if you can find another brand with the same specs for less $$$ i'd buy that instead.

New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 18 posts ]