New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 30 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

As they say a picture speaks a thousand words, need i say more?

Apologies for epic image but compression ruins the comparison :P

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

I wonder what went wrong? :/ If this is real.
360 shouldn't perform like that. It has outperformed the PS3 on many occasions. Weird.
1890 Posts

Im sorry to disappoint you! :P The 360 version should look just the same as the PS3 version.
I just looked through the webs, and apparantly there has been an ongoing hoax from the PS3 players, where crappy 360 pics were taken to mess with us. (The 360 users)
Where pictures taking in 506p, with removed textures, and even putting mouse cursers in the picture, asif they were taken from a pc print screen.

So no, that is not the real deal. :)
1890 Posts

840 Posts

ManIAc wrote:

So reading that you're posting a link to an article that says SE posted fake screenshots to make the 360 version look better than it is? how does this disprove the validity of the above?

03 Aug 2009, 17:21
159 Posts

Actually, yes the graphics are slightly worse. Non-SquareEnix picture comparisons have shown up, showing both with videos and screenshots the difference. And then of course there's the 1 vs 3 discs. And for some reason the cutscenes are a bit lower in resolution and aren't compressed as well as the Sony counterpart. These things happen when you port the game I guess, not much to do really.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... i-face-off

Most games nowadays are so similar trying to compare them for a "superior" version is basically nitpicking, but it's somewhat of a big difference.

And Maniac, the screenshots you're talking about were some in a S-E press package. Not sure what the deal was regarding them, but as the above link implies, there is a difference.

1890 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
ManIAc wrote:

So reading that you're posting a link to an article that says SE posted fake screenshots to make the 360 version look better than it is? how does this disprove the validity of the above?

You are mistaken. :) It's the other way around. Screenshots were released of Xbox360 footage, where the Xbox was very poor. This is wrong, as the Xbox version is much better than that.

theblackerbanana wrote:
Actually, yes the graphics are slightly worse. Non-SquareEnix picture comparisons have shown up, showing both with videos and screenshots the difference. And then of course there's the 1 vs 3 discs. And for some reason the cutscenes are a bit lower in resolution and aren't compressed as well as the Sony counterpart. These things happen when you port the game I guess, not much to do really.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... i-face-off

Most games nowadays are so similar trying to compare them for a "superior" version is basically nitpicking, but it's somewhat of a big difference.

And Maniac, the screenshots you're talking about were some in a S-E press package. Not sure what the deal was regarding them, but as the above link implies, there is a difference.

Don't get me wrong here, im not implying that any of the two versions are better, and I don't really care. :) I got an Xbox, and im just really thrilled that I get to play this game without having to borrow a PS3 from a friend. Then I don't care about disc-swaps or minimalistic graphic difference. ^^ Im not some Xbox fanboy. I have tried both consoles before I made my choice back in the days, and that just happened to be an Xbox, but that doesn't mean that I can't be happy for the people who got a PS3, and who are happy with their console choice. :P

As for the actual difference.. Well. I must admit that I can't see any difference, at least not in the video you linked. =) Might be able to when they are blown up on a 1080p, but in that scale they look the same.

I looked at this link: http://kotaku.com/5470957/new-final-fan ... ox-360-ps3
And from what I can tell, they are so much the same that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. ^^
Im just looking forward to actually playing this game.

It has gotten sooo mixed reviews, from 50% to a full 100%, so I really don't know what to expect, but one thing I know. I will make the decision myself. :3:
1890 Posts

Oh and besides.
PC > All :P
03 Aug 2009, 17:21
159 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
You are mistaken. :) It's the other way around. Screenshots were released of Xbox360 footage, where the Xbox was very poor. This is wrong, as the Xbox version is much better than that.

Nope, SE had somehow released images that were exactly identical, something they took back and apologised for. You've gotten it a bit mixed up, as the Kotaku pictures that you're showing are the ones that were mistakenly released, and are exactly the same pictures besides the PS3/360 UI.
Taken from this link that came a little while after the one you've linked to: http://kotaku.com/5471186/square-enix-p ... Bupdate%5D

The link you originally posted says the same as well, and the Eurogamer article doesn't have doctored pictures, the writers of it are on the contrary more dissapointed in that it didn't hold up to the standards that the 360 games normally do (and according to them, win at) in these comparisons.

I'm not saying one console is better, as most of the multiplatform games are generally looking the same. To each their own, as far as I'm concerned. =p
Either way, it'll probably be a great game <3

1890 Posts

Aha.. Crap! So I got my facts mixed up. XD Apologies banana!
But holy sweet mother of I don't know what. If the Xbox version looks like what Cyph linked in the beginning.. God that's aweful. And why Square Enix would kills a console version that much is for me, a question. Guess I'll hold my horses untill more info has been announced. (It's only just the release date in japan today, the 6th, AFAIK)
1890 Posts

Just watched the video again. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... i-face-off) and yeah, a difference is notiable, but not as bad as the first picture showed I think. =) It's not too shabby. I just don't get it. The post also says that there's 1gb of free space on each of the discs. Why not spend those on cinematic quality? But hey.. I just want to play the game. ^^ It'll probably look great in full HD anyhow!
840 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
Aha.. Crap! So I got my facts mixed up. XD Apologies banana!
But holy sweet mother of I don't know what. If the Xbox version looks like what Cyph linked in the beginning.. God that's aweful. And why Square Enix would kills a console version that much is for me, a question. Guess I'll hold my horses untill more info has been announced. (It's only just the release date in japan today, the 6th, AFAIK)

Release in japan was in like december, EU and US release is the 9th and i shall be grabbing my copy at 9am and enjoying in sweet 720p HD ^^

21 Feb 2010, 11:33
109 Posts

I got both and have to say that PS3 is alot better. 360 even broke my GTA IV like few days after I bought the game. :cry:

19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

RRoD is all I have to say.

1890 Posts

kimbO is LIGHTW8 wrote:
I got both and have to say that PS3 is alot better. 360 even broke my GTA IV like few days after I bought the game. :cry:

Yeah, some Xbox's had previously a defect where the laser could damage the CD's. Later, they found out that alot of the people who had actually had defects, were using their Xbox vertically, and had moved their console while it was playing. (Do'h!)

Aya wrote:
RRoD is all I have to say.

I have worked at a Gamestop for a bit over a year, and I have by far seen loads more PS3 customers coming back with defect consoles. Of course this is also due to Microsoft wanting to manage their own repairs, but I have seen some weird shit with those PS3s. I had a customer who had exchanged 3 PS3s within a month, because they all went broke after he got it home. He even plugged one of them into an entire seperate system to make sure it wasn't his tv/power/something that did it. xD I have seen a PS3 that would start screaming in a high pitch sound, which was so anoying and so loud, that you just couldn't take it. But damn. HDD failures is for some reason one of the defects I have seen most of.. BY FAR! 90% of the people who came in, had problems with their HDD.
Sure, RROD was an issue. At least Microsoft didn't take more than 2 weeks tops to fix it. :P Instead of Sony's 1-3 months. Also, the RROD was, AFAIK, a chip in the motherboard that couldn't handle the pressure, (and in some cases, it was simply due to overheating), which could easily be fixed. And once it's fixed to the new hardware, it shouldn't do it again. I had RROD once, I made a repair request, the next day an UPS van was parked outside. 8 days later, I got my Xbox back, where they had changed everything inside, and a month of free xbox live, and an extended warranty. So not all bad. ^^
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 30 posts ]