New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

Valve, I am disappoint.
As I'm sure all of you know, these new lazer tag plasma alien weapon things were released the other day, and are sort of pissing me off. The new primary is the Cow Mangler 5000, and the new new secondary is the Righteous Bison. I'm not one to constantly cry OP, but I swear that thing is. [Also, I traded my black box an hour before the update, so I'm pissed about that too :3]

First off, Valve, what the fuck? The uber update covers every class but engi, so you update soldier? >_<

Also, yeah, I'd call the main wep OP, again I'm not one to constantly do that. The Bison is pretty fair and probably not good enough, but seriously? The only downsides are no random crits and less damage to sentries. But to make up for that, there's infinite ammo, an extra shot, smoother rocket jumps, and charged shots that stun your target(s) and ingulf him/her/them in flames.

Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this is overpowered...
Feel free to slap me over the interwebs if you disagree.

20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

I love it. Hope they won't nerf it to hell next week.
361 Posts

I'm assuming they will.

I'm not calling it to be nerfed to hell, just a little bit, sort of like they did with Mad Milk.

07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

i do find it op , i tested it out ( a friend borrowed me his )

also i want an engy update ;_;
VALVE YU NO LIKE ENGY :c

29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

because engi nitori always runs away!
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Its super OP and awesome.

467 Posts

... and it just got nerfed.
Quote:
Team Fortress 2
- Cow Mangler changes:
- Fixed the charged shot sometimes doing more damage than intended.
- Fixed a bug that caused the projectiles to stay in the world after a team change.
- Slowed reload rate by 5%.
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Yeah not really. 5% increase in reloading is nothing, and the charge shot damage, who gives a fuck. It's still much better than all other rocket launchers imo.

361 Posts

The new description also says 10% damage penalty, but I heard that it was never put into effect, just in the description.

03 Nov 2009, 15:17
469 Posts

I agree. The soldier weapons are stupid and not TF2-worthy. Freakin chargeable laser-rockets... This is not Unreal Tournament now is it?

12 Jun 2010, 19:04
276 Posts

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
... and it just got nerfed.
Quote:
Team Fortress 2
- Cow Mangler changes:
- Fixed the charged shot sometimes doing more damage than intended.
- Fixed a bug that caused the projectiles to stay in the world after a team change.
- Slowed reload rate by 5%.

one fix (bold line) was an exploit :P while firing a charged shot and switch to spec, you can kill your own team member xD

467 Posts

I'd call that nerfing *ahem* :v
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

Nerfing.

Valve are at least trying to correct things, unlike Call of Duty, where they leave overpowered weapons overpowered.
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

You're wrong Conor! The AK47u was very OP in MW2, but they fixed that pretty quick!.. Oh wait..
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ]