New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

Hello Fellow Aprilionites.

I have started work on a new city in the new world called "Aprilon City" (very creative name).

To get to it, simply warp to "city". (`/warp city`).

It encompasses some of the comments and criticism of other older cities in the old world.

1) Grid System

Aprilon City follows a grid system, where each plot is a 16x16 square and can be claimed by a person.

There are to be no massive sky scrapers beside little small houses, the plan is to have a sky scraper district at the back of Aprilon City with the small buildings at the front. If a building is just a lump of dirt or does not fit in with the ones around it, it will be removed.

2) Roads are too wide

There is a compromise in Aprilon city. There are 2 road types, a normal road and a trunk road. A normal road is 7 blocks wide, 3 blocks for road way and 2 blocks on either side for pavement. A trunk road is 11 blocks wide, 7 blocks for road way and 2 blocks on either side for pavement. Normal roads are the most common and what seperate most buildings. A trunk road is periodic and every 5-10 plots, along the middle and front.

3) Entrance to city is ugly

The entrance to the city in the old spawn world had some pretty nasty buildings at its very entrance. To prevent this, the first two plots in Aprilon City are reserved for a park. Also all the plots along the front of Aprilon city are reserved and only to be used to build decent looking buildings, any ugly ones will be removed.
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

consider me in.

18 May 2011, 03:53
43 Posts

I love you.

I'm definitely good for this...
It's what I was dreaming of :D

13 Jun 2011, 04:34
23 Posts

I wouldn't mind putting a store in there. However, I'd like to see a proper store plugin beforehand.