New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 17 posts ] 
29 Oct 2011, 22:15
103 Posts

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
Due to popular demand, I've spent that last 6 hours (!!) rendering a whole world overview.
This is gonna be as good as it gets until we start the new world, the current one is just too big to handle :P (and for a lot of MC-editing/overview programs too big to open as it turns out).

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
This is gonna be as good as it gets until we start the new world, the current one is just too big to handle :P (and for a lot of MC-editing/overview programs too big to open as it turns out).

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
This is gonna be as good as it gets until we start the new world, the current one is just too big to handle

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
This is gonna be as good as it gets until we start the new world,

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
until we start the new world

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
until we start the new world

What is this? I don't want a new world! One of the few reasons I even go on here is the knowledge that the world is permanent and I won't lose my work.

Do I have to mail the owners a Terabyte harddrive or something?
29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

the old map will stay, you can still access it, just not build there anymore, at least i think thats the plan
Server Admin Server Admin
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

there will be a lobby world, and portals to the old world and new world. The old world will be accessible, but not able to be expanded.

103 Posts

I'm okay with this.

Four questions though:

1. Will I be able to take items from chests?
2. Will I be able to take items across worlds?
3. Will I have diffrent "/home" locations depending on the world I am in?
4. Will the original world be edit-proof or will it just have a permanent end to it?
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. I would like to slowly phase that world out, everyone can finish what they were doing but new chunks can't be generated/won't be saved.
Once everyone lost interest it will be mothballed and made read-only. The-Chosen-One suggested making it a 'museum' where everyone can fly, which sounds like a good idea.
13 Jun 2011, 04:34
23 Posts

Go me.

To elaborate on the idea, I was suggesting that one of these three groups be given "Full" access. These people would have access to editing, and creative mode access on request:

1. Those who registered before or n days before the world switch.
  2. Those who have a total of n changes on the world according to LogBlock.
  3. Those with VIP. (for the love of God, don't make it just this.)
  4. Those who request it and meet one of the above criteria.

Those who don't meet the criteria can still access the world, but in a "read-only" state. They'd be able to fly, interact with non-protected objects, and generally see what the old world looked like. Perhaps get some cool building ideas.

103 Posts

The Chosen One wrote:
Go me.

To elaborate on the idea, I was suggesting that one of these three groups be given "Full" access. These people would have access to editing, and creative mode access on request:

Those who don't meet the criteria can still access the world, but in a "read-only" state. They'd be able to fly, interact with non-protected objects, and generally see what the old world looked like. Perhaps get some cool building ideas.

I love it. Here, have an internet.
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

The Chosen One wrote:

Let's KISS. Easiest will probably be to automatically (through plugins or website) give read/write survival-access to those that request it and manually Creative R/W to those players we have trusted with it in the past.
Putting too much logic into something that should be going away 'soon' seems wrong. ;)
11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

I like the idea of in the new world, it is broken down into a grid system (maybe 16x16?) and each plot can be claimed by a person. Would turn out to be a pretty neat city for the spawn.
18 May 2011, 03:53
43 Posts

YES ^

We should definitely have an organized, clean approach on the city layout. Imo, I don't think people should build whatever they want anywhere in the city. Possibly, there could be a set of guidelines for each area. As long as we don't have messy huts and abandoned trading posts being the first thing seen, I'm good. Nothing to worry about now though, just some ideas. ;)

17 Jul 2012, 00:20
9 Posts

So my whole castle will be eventually stuck in read-only? Do you have any idea how long it took to build that?

What's wrong with the old anyway?

:patriot:
29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

theres so many additions to the game now
tons of builds that everyone forgot about
the old map is cluttered with abandoned builds
if im not wrong here, it wont be read only instantly, so you can still finish your castle if its not done yet
if its finished, why complain? you can still access it, just not build
17 Jul 2012, 00:20
9 Posts

Because, the point of it wasn't to build it. It was to operate out of it and get my town set up. Without that then the castle was a huge waste of time.

:patriot:
04 Jun 2012, 19:29
8 Posts

Just to clarify something, the 'grids' will only apply when someone gets permission to build in spawn city? They will not apply outside of spawn ? i dont actually think anyone of you lovely people would make the entire map restricted in any way, like i said, im just clarifying.

18 May 2011, 03:53
43 Posts

I would imagine that's correct. It's not like every single build and city has to follow that style, but I definitely think (and others would agree with me), there needs to be a bit more control on who builds what, starting with spawn city.