New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
11 Jul 2010, 10:54
7 Posts

What's up with the dynamic map? It's only showing a few chunks for me?
30 May 2012, 20:58
2 Posts

confirmed, has the CIA gone as far as censoring minecraft? (whitty comment not whitty nor funny)
27 Apr 2011, 02:02
54 Posts

The server is down as far as I can tell. It stands to reason that the dynamic map would also have difficulty reaching it.

20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

T_Pleasure wrote:
confirmed, has the CIA gone as far as censoring minecraft? (whitty comment not whitty nor funny)

<insert WMD/chemical silo/cuba-crisis joke here>

I relocated the MC server onto a more powerful VPS with less strict memory and CPU limits, which is also cheaper (win/win \o/), but I didn't copy the DynMap tiles because they were pretty outdated and the "surface" tiles were a mix between the old LowRes and the new HD rendered regions - which just looks odd.

Re-rendering the full map would take too long but admins can use /dynmap radiusrender 50 (or 100 / 200) to render the region around their current position.
If you'd like your build or city or whatever to show up on the map you can always ask an admin to do a quick radiusrender (or touch a few blocks in every chunk of the area you would like to show up). :)
7 Posts

Ok. Thanks.
7 Posts

Out of curiosity, how long would it take to re-render the whole map? And as admins can do quick radiusrenders (is 200 the limit?), would it be feasible for admins to zip around the map and get much of it back on display?
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

Due to popular demand, I've spent that last 6 hours (!!) rendering a whole world overview.
This is gonna be as good as it gets until we start the new world, the current one is just too big to handle :P (and for a lot of MC-editing/overview programs too big to open as it turns out).
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ]