New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 9 posts ] 
01 May 2011, 14:10
76 Posts

Hey guys...

So basically I can't play minecraft anymore...
It all started about 2 weeks ago when I suddenly couldn't log in locally, (just got the error that says try again), and I had to play from the website instead. Now all over sudden, yesterday I couldn't play on the website either and I still can't! :(

I log in and press the play in browser, now nothing happens really other than a black screen where the game should be...

I've googled around, but haven't been able to find a solution to this, so I was hoping maybe one of you guys knew how to solve it ?

As an addict it is vital that I get to play atleast 1 hour of minecraft everyday, pleeez halp!
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

Black screen (which usually closes after a few seconds) indicates a Java exception/error, either through mods or corrupted class files.
Try running it with a fresh minecraft.jar by deleting the minecraft.jar, version and md5s files. (Alternatively, rename the "bin" directory to "bin-backup" and it should redownload the binaries)
76 Posts

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
Black screen (which usually closes after a few seconds) indicates a Java exception/error, either through mods or corrupted class files.
Try running it with a fresh minecraft.jar by deleting the minecraft.jar, version and md5s files. (Alternatively, rename the "bin" directory to "bin-backup" and it should redownload the binaries)

Lol I'm an idiot for not thinking of that...

Anyways I can play from the website now, but it gives me this error, when trying to play multiplayer on my pc:
"Can't connect to minecraft.net"

Any idea why ?

- oh and thanks :D
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Could anything by any chance be blocking Minecraft? Firewall/Antivirus/Whatever. Slim chance, but might as well check.
76 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
Could anything by any chance be blocking Minecraft? Firewall/Antivirus/Whatever. Slim chance, but might as well check.

No, I didn't install / edit any current programs whatever... It just suddenly happened (atleast I am 99% certain that I didn't ;P).
VIP VIP
21 Jul 2009, 17:21
594 Posts

download minecraft again it worked for me

:

;

-- ||
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

Sounds abit like what Pvt_OBrien reported, he has/had to redownload Minecraft everytime he wants to play.
Lurk around the IRC and talk to him when hes online, maybe you two have some running software in common which may interfere here.
76 Posts

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
Sounds abit like what Pvt_OBrien reported, he has/had to redownload Minecraft everytime he wants to play.
Lurk around the IRC and talk to him when hes online, maybe you two have some running software in common which may interfere here.

Alright, though it's working fine from the website again - but locally no help in redownloading it sadly :(
- but alright thanks for the help
Server Admin Server Admin
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

Check your Graphics drivers, or any drivers in general...
Would taking ownership of the folder help at all? No idea. Because redownloading each time sounds a little like a permissions issue.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 9 posts ]