New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 
11 Sep 2011, 19:12
2 Posts

For my first ever post on these forums I'm making quite the large suggestion. Playing the leaked 1.8 update I noticed that the large variety of new features were in fact new biomes and locations, swamps, strongholds, etc. Thus in an already genarated world such as the server it will be nay impossible for these features come into play without travelling to the very edge of the map, which is impractical to say the least.
This would mean then, at least for the server, to use the newer features the server should be started anew, in other words delete everything and start over from fresh. This would allow the server to genarate a new map filled with lots of lovely mineshafts and ravines to explore, and a fresh slate for new buildings. I have noticed people getting agitated about "ghost towns" on the server sooooooo, this could be a very good alternative.
29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

as long as the map can expand i dont see any reason to start new, and ghost towns is just normal, people build, all the time, they cant live in all the 100 buildings they made
Server Admin Server Admin
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Let's say we start a new world now, then next time Notch makes an update with new map changes and maybe more biomes, you once again want us to reset the world?
Loved Ex-Admin ♥ Loved Ex-Admin ♥
07 Jun 2009, 20:59
140 Posts

I want to break FREE. Keep things as they are. I will make a railroad to the "lost cities"....

27 Apr 2011, 02:02
54 Posts

Losing the entire of Aprilon over an update is a daft idea. Surely the new features will spawn as more map is generated?

Also, as a sidenote on NPC villages, it's surprisingly good fun to rig them with explosives in creative mode.

11 Sep 2011, 19:12
2 Posts

Meh, it was merely a suggestion. I just saw it being done on another server and thought it'd be fun to start anew. Plus it was great fun when we got too blow up everyone's stuff.
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

05 Sep 2011, 14:46
46 Posts

1.8 is out,, I think, or my minecraft is just so awesome that it has it before anybody else

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Siropmoth wrote:
1.8 is out,, I think, or my minecraft is just so awesome that it has it before anybody else

Yes its out but we wont update until all the plugins etc have been updated, same old story really :)

05 Sep 2011, 14:46
46 Posts

of course :)

30 Jun 2011, 16:55
36 Posts

Its so buggy D: They seem to have messed up the entire game

Though, I have to admit all these new features are awesome

newmultiplayer.png
newmultiplayer.png [ 59.76 KiB | Viewed 5585 times ]

04 Jul 2011, 21:33
12 Posts

I wouldn't mind having the height limit doubled, but with all the chucks people keep adding to the map while exploring that would be murder on the server. It's already laggy enough as it is for most people.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ]