New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 26 posts ] 
VIP VIP
23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

As most of you Minecrafters out there should know by now. Notch is making a new mob. But we don't know what this mob is or can do till now.
Not very long ago, more information was revealed via "Word Of Notch" Notch's Tumblr.
Then more info started getting around via forums + minecraft wiki.

This new mob is called the Enderman.

Picture of Enderman holding a Sand Block

As you can see, its a black, shadowy figure, with glowing eyes.
And it appears to be holding a block.

Let's look more into this new mob...

[ "The Endermen are depicted as 3 meter tall, black creatures with long arms and legs. They also have the ability to pick up and move blocks around. " ]
~ MineCraft Wiki

Interesting, so there's now a mob, who can actually interact with blocks. This is going to get annoying if you're working on something and then they come and mess it up. I don't think it'll be exactly like that ( at least I hope not ) but if it is, who knows maybe there will be mods to prevent that? Such as the one that prevents Creepers from causing explosive damage?

[ "They are generally peaceful. If you look at them, by placing your crosshair directly over them, they freeze, stare back at you, and become hostile. They stay frozen as long as you keep looking at them. When you look away, they will quickly run towards you; if they are a long distance away, they will teleport several times until close enough to reach you. Endermen can teleport about once per second." ]
~MineCraft Wiki

That's a bit... Creepy hahah don't you think? Personally I think this will change alot for players. Especially without god mode. If you have god mode, no problem for you xD but other than that.. You could ACCIDENTLY look at one and be like.. "oh crap.. what the hell do I do now?" Would /Warp ing to another place help? /Home? or do they teleport right to you.. Looks like your only choice is BEAT THE #@$# OUT OF THEM UNTIL THEY DIE. What WOULD suck is if they interact like ZOMBIE PIGMEN do. Where if you attack one, all of them attack at once. Now that would freakin suck.

[ "Notch explained you can watch the Endermen going about their business but when you focus on them (by dropping the reticule on them) they'll attack. The developer claims that he is going for a creepier feel for the new mob. Weighing different scare tactics for the new mob, seemed to play a large role in the development of the Endermen according to Perrson." ]
~ attackofthefanboy

Hah It will definitely make the game more creepy...

This as much as we know of the Enderman right now. As 1.8 The Adventure Update draws
closer and near. Who knows what else this new mob could hold.

Now what are YOUR thoughts and opinions on the Enderman?

Thanks for reading this :D
-Xana-

Sources:
MINECRAFT WIKI:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderman
Attack Of The Boy:
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/minecrafts-new-endermen-revealed/
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Yeah pretty cool to have a mob that represents my body type!

-Flex My Rex-

29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
12 Jun 2010, 19:04
276 Posts

Quote:
When you look away, they will quickly run towards you

sounds like the players from the mc server when an admin joins :v

289 Posts

VIP VIP
434 Posts

LifeTimeXNovaCore wrote:
Quote:
When you look away, they will quickly run towards you

sounds like the players from the mc server when an admin joins :v

Lmao well said XD

14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

This update looks crap.
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Sounds fucking awesome. Minecraft needs to be more difficult, so the survival in "Survival multiplayer" comes to play.

I love how you already now, hope that there will be mods, or that using god mode will negate the effect..
How about playing the damn game, instead of modding the shit out of it, so it's just a random builder? :<
VIP VIP
434 Posts

Well, don't look at me, it depends on the mods Aprilon puts xD

I am looking forward tons of things from 1.8.
1.8 will DEFINITELY change ALOT of how this game is played.
What do you guys think?

14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

I will probably stop playing it, or just leave it on Peaceful when I attempt to play Singleplayer.
VIP VIP
434 Posts

how come :O

289 Posts

Conor wrote:
I will probably stop playing it, or just leave it on Peaceful when I attempt to play Singleplayer.

Xana wrote:

|
V

Xana wrote:
[ "They are generally peaceful. If you look at them, by placing your crosshair directly over them, they freeze, stare back at you, and become hostile. They stay frozen as long as you keep looking at them. When you look away, they will quickly run towards you; if they are a long distance away, they will teleport several times until close enough to reach you. Endermen can teleport about once per second." ]
~MineCraft Wiki

Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Conor is just scared. :P
VIP VIP
434 Posts

Patchouli wrote:
Conor wrote:

Xana wrote:

|
V

Xana wrote:
~MineCraft Wiki

Good use of quotes! xD

ManIAc wrote:
Conor is just scared. :P

hahah I don't see the point of just quitting playing a game. I mean the game is in testing mode, of course there's going to be many changes ya know? even if they are disappointing or rather good.

11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

Why do people keep saying these are scary etc? They are just fucking black lines.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 26 posts ]