New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
30 May 2011, 17:18
3 Posts

I'm asking this, incase things will be different. Will you be able to build your own towns/citys as you please, or will there be set portals?
Also, when people make private portals, the other portal spawns in the same place in the nether world, so wont that fuck up citys? when buildings have half portals stuck through there walls?

Aye, so, basically, will admins have to make nether portals?

This is my first post, sorry if i've missed any code of conduct..

16 Jan 2011, 14:54
200 Posts

Yes, only admins should be able to make portals because only admins can use the flint & steel.
30 May 2011, 17:18
3 Posts

Common sense just slapped me in the face.

07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

Contact Karl to update you to your VIP+ status on the wiki.
Also, yes, admins will have to approve of portals, but I reccomend planning to start a base early on so that way your plans don't get fucked up. The nether will [EDIT: become crowded] very fast.
Each block in the nether is 8 blocks in the real world. For example, if 2 portals in the nether are 8 blocks apart, in the real world they will be 64 blocks apart. This is why you need to plan ahead.

23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

HAPPYGOPUCKEY wrote:
Also, yes, admins will have to approve of portals, but I reccomend planning to start a base early on so that way your plans don't get fucked up. The nether will spread very fast.
Each block in the nether is 8 blocks in the real world. For example, if 2 portals in the nether are 8 blocks apart, in the real world they will be 64 blocks apart. This is why you need to plan ahead.

O_o mindf***
never knew that..

07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

Xana wrote:
HAPPYGOPUCKEY wrote:
Also, yes, admins will have to approve of portals, but I reccomend planning to start a base early on so that way your plans don't get fucked up. The nether will spread very fast.

O_o mindf***
never knew that..

haha, mind****... :)
That's actually the purpose of the nether, it's a fast travel mechanism.
HAPPYGOPUCKEY wrote:
The nether will spread very fast.

What I meant to say by this is that it will become crowded very fast. I suppose it would initially spread fast, but either way, lots of nether bases will be uncomfortably close to each other.