New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

Anyone here a fellow NanoTrasen employee?

Space Station 13 is a 2D SciFi hardcore-role-playing game and Sandbox, set on a fictional space-station where players assume roles and occupy jobs in order to keep the station and its inhabitants alive... or not!
From the pool of players, antagonists are randomly chosen with different objectives but all of which usually involve destruction of the station or personnel.

The complexity and role-playing-depth of this game is INSANE but can be very rewarding. I'm trying to get a group of people together who are interested in roleplaying SS13 every now and then; I can host a private server for experimenting in the beginning and actual roleplaying (if people keep their interest). Minimum crew would be 4 players, though I'd recommend at least 10. Servers can go for up to 100 players (more or less, depending on lag).

Intrigued? Check these links for further reading:

Screenshots: [1], [2], [3]
Maps: DetailMap.png [6.6MB], SectorMap.png [28KB], (Aprilon exclusive) Zoomable Map
29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

dis game complex yo
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

That looks like a clusterfuck of things going on. :P

Should give it a go! Is it difficult to get in to?
I could be willing to do this! Always open to try new stuff. You got me on steam!
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Looks good ^^
VIP VIP
21 Jul 2009, 17:21
594 Posts

It kind of reminds me of Trouble in Terrorist town in GMod from the description I read. I suppose it'll have more of a mature audience playing it compared to the former.

:

;

-- ||
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

NoThInG1337rofl wrote:
It kind of reminds me of Trouble in Terrorist town in GMod from the description I read. I suppose it'll have more of a mature audience playing it compared to the former.

ugh hate that mode, since so many bloody kids or people who don't speak English join.

21 Jul 2009, 17:21
594 Posts

chinichi wrote:
NoThInG1337rofl wrote:

ugh hate that mode, since so many bloody kids or people who don't speak English join.

Children*

Spoiler: Show
:ugeek:

:

;

-- ||
Hacker Hacker
467 Posts

NoThInG1337rofl wrote:
It kind of reminds me of Trouble in Terrorist town in GMod

Yes, there is some type of "suspect everyone" mentality, but with SS13 the roleplaying aspect is in the 'primary' concern. :v

chinichi wrote:

Depends strongly on the crowd you play with, I suppose. On every SS13 public server I have played thus far there was a strict no-grief policy. If the admins notice you doing anything out of character that looks 'griefy', you will be punished and/or banned.
Though that point is moot with a small community of select players. :3:

Edit: Random note; SS13 is very much text-based. Voicechatting via Mumble/TS3 would enhance the fun but meta-gaming (playing with information you gain outside your character) is a no-no.
29 Sep 2010, 23:03
289 Posts

LifeTimeBLOOD wrote:
Edit: Random note; SS13 is very much text-based. Voicechatting via Mumble/TS3 would enhance the fun but meta-gaming (playing with information you gain outside your character) is a no-no.

*ignores the 2 maps from you*
Hacker Hacker
467 Posts

You mean these? DetailMap.png [6.6MB], SectorMap.png [28KB]

Edit: I was bored: (Aprilon exclusive) Zoomable Map

Using those is fine since the layout doesn't change much, the level is not auto-generated or randomized in any way. You're going to learn the layout sooner or later anyways. :v
Edit: There is a asteroid mining base, reachable by shuttle, which has random locations for rare elements used by R&D to develop better equipment and Exo-Skeletons/Suits (think Mechs).
1890 Posts

SO! When's the first training session? :D
Hacker Hacker
467 Posts

I haven't had the time yet to.. set a time and place to get this going. t_t
I'll message you on steam when things get going.
1890 Posts

Goodies!
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ]