New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 19 posts ] 
VIP VIP
02 Jan 2011, 00:58
332 Posts

In a nutshell, Portal 2 is one of the worst games money can buy at the moment. It has an appalling plot, awful characters, and the puzzles are not even that good! In case you didn't notice, I was using a device commonly used by GLaDOS: Sarcasm.

It was only a few hours after I had played my copy of Portal on the PC (I've played it many a time on other consoles) and I was happy to see there was a direct continuation in the plot between Portal 1 & 2. For those of you who don't know, Portal is a puzzle based game made by Valve. It was highly praised for its short but sweet plot, and immersive characters. To make a sequel to live up to player's expectations was not going to be easy, but Valve and the Portal 2 developers have outdone themselves.

Portal 2 is more story-heavy than its previous counterpart, but don't let that get you down. The story is one of the best bits of the whole thing, filling in plot holes from the Half-Life universe but providing a rich, wonderful tale of it's own. But Portal 2 isn't just a movie. Oh no. Every test chamber will have you scrabbling around for an exit (even the easy ones) and the humorous dialogue from GLaDOS and Wheatley (Voiced by Ellen McLain and Stephen Merchant, respectively) add to the feel of a great game.

And of course, that's only the single player experience. The Multiplayer is pure class, with many co-operative puzzles for you and a buddy to try. They do suffer from quite a difficulty spike, so play the single-player first and think laterally soon enough, you will, to quote GLaDOS, be "thinking with portals".

The Portal franchise as a whole has come on leaps and bounds with the release of this game, and has become more than a physics test in a storybook. It now finally feels like a game. And hey, isn't that what this is all about?

To summarize:
+ Beautiful Storyline (No Spoilers here, go play it for yourself!)
+ The basics from the first game are still there
+ IT HAS FLAMING TF2 HATS IN!
- Quite a difficulty spike in co-op.

9.8/10

09 Apr 2010, 16:02
930 Posts

Meh, I didn't finish the first one yet :/

CaRIOcas 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7SavzqdSM
Server Admin Server Admin
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Quote:

How is that a minus?
VIP VIP
16 Jan 2011, 14:54
200 Posts

He can't handle it :3
jk
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Inevitable wrote:
+ IT HAS FLAMING TF2 HATS IN!

How is that a +

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Ultimate100 wrote:
Quote:

How is that a minus?

Sounds like a bonus to me, single player was a walk in the park difficulty wise >.<

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
Ultimate100 wrote:
Quote:

How is that a minus?

Sounds like a bonus to me, single player was a walk in the park difficulty wise >.<

Well.. It was a bit better than the first one. :) Was a room where I was stuck, but that was just because I had been a moron. :D
But damn it was fucking awesome..

Spoiler: Show
POTATO GLADOS IS SO CUTE! :D
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
12 Jun 2010, 19:04
276 Posts

thar, found no time to buy it...no GP or something up there ?

02 Oct 2009, 15:24
1585 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
POTATO GLADOS IS SO CUTE! :D

Potados. *Cough*

Known as "Ocfos" since '01.
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

I am sorry to Flex for getting agro when I raged at him for spoiling the game for me.

Anyways.

1890 Posts

Conor wrote:
I am sorry to Flex for getting agro when I raged at him for spoiling the game for me.

Anyways.

I blocked his ass for a week or two. :< Bastard!
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

:(

23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

seems really good,
I have only played a trial version of Portal 1 on Xbox360, and it was quite fun. So should I get Portal 1 then Portal 2 for the storyline? or just get Portal 2 just for gameplay?

1890 Posts

... If you play Portal 2 without having played Portal 1, you are missing out on everything.

So for the love of god, play Portal 1 first!
VIP VIP
16 Jan 2011, 14:54
200 Posts

Play "Portal: Both", it's the best
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 19 posts ]