Topic locked

Re: League of Legends

06 Dec 2010, 15:39

Cypherous wrote:
theblackerbanana wrote:How is it a matter of opinion when a paying player in LoL gets an advantage over a non-paying player? Having a larger roster of players or being able to obtain runes and stuff by paying for it gives an obvious advantage.

With HoN, you pay for it once and get everything, and nothing can give you an advantage over any other player.

The paying aspect only gives you faster access to a larger roster and skins, there isn't really anything else you can buy as the runes still have to be purchased with the ingame currancy earned from playing :)

But isn't having a full roster, aka more than non-paying people, an advantage? As well as having different summoner and mastery level, wouldn't it imply that people don't start on the same terms at the beginning of a game?

07 Dec 2010, 15:59

theblackerbanana wrote:
Cypherous wrote:
theblackerbanana wrote:How is it a matter of opinion when a paying player in LoL gets an advantage over a non-paying player? Having a larger roster of players or being able to obtain runes and stuff by paying for it gives an obvious advantage.

With HoN, you pay for it once and get everything, and nothing can give you an advantage over any other player.

The paying aspect only gives you faster access to a larger roster and skins, there isn't really anything else you can buy as the runes still have to be purchased with the ingame currancy earned from playing :)

But isn't having a full roster, aka more than non-paying people, an advantage? As well as having different summoner and mastery level, wouldn't it imply that people don't start on the same terms at the beginning of a game?

Well money can't increase your summoner level of give access to the summoner skills earlier so at the start all you have is access to a larger roster, no champion is unbeatable so having a larger roster just means more access to alternative choices :)

07 Dec 2010, 19:23

Cypherous wrote:
theblackerbanana wrote:
Cypherous wrote:

Well money can't increase your summoner level of give access to the summoner skills earlier so at the start all you have is access to a larger roster, no champion is unbeatable so having a larger roster just means more access to alternative choices :)

It still doesn't change the fact that you're still given something else that someone else isn't. :sax:

12 Dec 2010, 18:36

To add as well, that you split it up so much cripples any kind of competetive scene you'd hope to have as well. ...Not that it isn't already laughable, as demonstrated by http://www.own3d.tv/video/46533/Riot_Ga ... _03_02_53_

13 Dec 2010, 15:56

theblackerbanana wrote:To add as well, that you split it up so much cripples any kind of competetive scene you'd hope to have as well. ...Not that it isn't already laughable, as demonstrated by http://www.own3d.tv/video/46533/Riot_Ga ... _03_02_53_

Because a game needs to have a competitive scene?

It has its own ladder system anyway, the splitting up is going to happen early but you get team fights for the most part late game :)

28 Mar 2011, 19:24

revive :3:

So does anyone of you still play lol? I would like to have more friends to play with so tell me the name I can add you with :)

28 Mar 2011, 19:30

add me: cakuraz

31 Mar 2011, 21:32

Suzuu wrote:revive :3:

So does anyone of you still play lol? I would like to have more friends to play with so tell me the name I can add you with :)

I don't think many if any of them clicked the link to sign up except for karl :P

01 Apr 2011, 08:07

Well yeah they are missing a lot then :D

20 Jun 2011, 14:03

I'll just leave this here

21 Jun 2011, 02:36

theblackerbanana wrote:To add as well, that you split it up so much cripples any kind of competetive scene you'd hope to have as well. ...Not that it isn't already laughable, as demonstrated by http://www.own3d.tv/video/46533/Riot_Ga ... _03_02_53_

Actually i feel the need to come back and correct this now with that 6 people walked away with $50,000 between them today for winning the season 1 championship at dreamhack this year so i think it now counts as having a competitive scene aswell :)

21 Jun 2011, 19:46

It's LoL.. Who cares. :v

21 Jun 2011, 21:06

league of lulz

21 Jun 2011, 21:41

More like: Lizard of Lazer

13 Jul 2011, 19:19

So i jst said fuck it and just tried the game, seems fun , but OH GODS the login server .________.

Currently playing With FiddleSticks but i'm looking foward for Kog'Maw (mainly)
and maybe Urgot / Singed / Maokai

Ingame names's is chiniichi (yes with the double i )
Topic locked