New topic New reply  Page 3 of 4
 [ 57 posts ] 
03 Aug 2009, 17:21
159 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
theblackerbanana wrote:
How is it a matter of opinion when a paying player in LoL gets an advantage over a non-paying player? Having a larger roster of players or being able to obtain runes and stuff by paying for it gives an obvious advantage.

With HoN, you pay for it once and get everything, and nothing can give you an advantage over any other player.

The paying aspect only gives you faster access to a larger roster and skins, there isn't really anything else you can buy as the runes still have to be purchased with the ingame currancy earned from playing :)

But isn't having a full roster, aka more than non-paying people, an advantage? As well as having different summoner and mastery level, wouldn't it imply that people don't start on the same terms at the beginning of a game?

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

theblackerbanana wrote:
Cypherous wrote:
theblackerbanana wrote:
How is it a matter of opinion when a paying player in LoL gets an advantage over a non-paying player? Having a larger roster of players or being able to obtain runes and stuff by paying for it gives an obvious advantage.

With HoN, you pay for it once and get everything, and nothing can give you an advantage over any other player.

The paying aspect only gives you faster access to a larger roster and skins, there isn't really anything else you can buy as the runes still have to be purchased with the ingame currancy earned from playing :)

But isn't having a full roster, aka more than non-paying people, an advantage? As well as having different summoner and mastery level, wouldn't it imply that people don't start on the same terms at the beginning of a game?

Well money can't increase your summoner level of give access to the summoner skills earlier so at the start all you have is access to a larger roster, no champion is unbeatable so having a larger roster just means more access to alternative choices :)

159 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
theblackerbanana wrote:
Cypherous wrote:
theblackerbanana wrote:

Well money can't increase your summoner level of give access to the summoner skills earlier so at the start all you have is access to a larger roster, no champion is unbeatable so having a larger roster just means more access to alternative choices :)

It still doesn't change the fact that you're still given something else that someone else isn't. :sax:

159 Posts

To add as well, that you split it up so much cripples any kind of competetive scene you'd hope to have as well. ...Not that it isn't already laughable, as demonstrated by http://www.own3d.tv/video/46533/Riot_Ga ... _03_02_53_

840 Posts

theblackerbanana wrote:
To add as well, that you split it up so much cripples any kind of competetive scene you'd hope to have as well. ...Not that it isn't already laughable, as demonstrated by http://www.own3d.tv/video/46533/Riot_Ga ... _03_02_53_

Because a game needs to have a competitive scene?

It has its own ladder system anyway, the splitting up is going to happen early but you get team fights for the most part late game :)

08 Feb 2010, 14:48
545 Posts

revive :3:

So does anyone of you still play lol? I would like to have more friends to play with so tell me the name I can add you with :)
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

add me: cakuraz

840 Posts

Suzuu wrote:
revive :3:

So does anyone of you still play lol? I would like to have more friends to play with so tell me the name I can add you with :)

I don't think many if any of them clicked the link to sign up except for karl :P

08 Feb 2010, 14:48
545 Posts

Well yeah they are missing a lot then :D
Server Admin Server Admin
840 Posts

840 Posts

theblackerbanana wrote:

Actually i feel the need to come back and correct this now with that 6 people walked away with $50,000 between them today for winning the season 1 championship at dreamhack this year so i think it now counts as having a competitive scene aswell :)

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

It's LoL.. Who cares. :v
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
12 Jun 2010, 19:04
276 Posts

league of lulz

16 Jan 2011, 14:54
200 Posts

More like: Lizard of Lazer
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

So i jst said fuck it and just tried the game, seems fun , but OH GODS the login server .________.

Currently playing With FiddleSticks but i'm looking foward for Kog'Maw (mainly)
and maybe Urgot / Singed / Maokai

Ingame names's is chiniichi (yes with the double i )

[ 57 posts ]