New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

We've all seen shops around our minecraft server, and they have obvious limitations: both players have to be online (and there) to trade and such. Knowing the disapproval of many of the admins and members (myself included) of iConomy, I intend to stay away from that.

My intention was to find some sort of plugin that would allow you to set up a permanent shop using some sort of sign + chest + command layout. For example, perhaps someone would be able to put some diamonds in a chest and a sign that says something along the lines of "Diamond: 4 Iron", another player could right-click it and receive a diamond while automatically putting 4 iron he had in his inventory in the shop owner's chest. The chest would of course be locked to prevent theft.

I've looked for a bit and haven't found a plugin like this that doesn't tie into iConomy, but I'd be more than happy to develop one. I just wanted to see what the rest of the community thought of the idea first.

11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

iConomy + some town/city plugin + this map would be sex

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Happy, if you ever start on this, gimme a hollar. I'd love to help out, to develop my minecraft plugin-developing skills a bit further. :D Unless, of course, that you want to do it all by yourself. :)
I'm probably not even close to your level, but I'd love to learn. :) Which is why I don't mind if you'd rather do it alone. :P
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

We should just make all trades use Bitcoin and get rich! :v

But yes, a block-for-block trade should be acceptable.
1890 Posts

Yay! Bitcoin! Could actually be a possibility. :P To let people buy stacks of things, or tools for bitcoins. :D Though the users would hate you for it.
Hacker Hacker
467 Posts

vip/svip for bitcoins :3:
But I supposed only a fraction of the people who donated so far even know about bitcoins, not worth the work to implement.
11 Aug 2009, 20:12
1264 Posts

For a second lets just ignore the fact that bitcoin was designed by people who do not understand how an economy works, or has massive hyper-deflation built in as a feature, or is essentially a pyramid scheme to make the original investors infinitely more wealthy than any later incumbent; how many people actually use BitCoin?
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
Happy, if you ever start on this, gimme a hollar. I'd love to help out, to develop my minecraft plugin-developing skills a bit further. :D Unless, of course, that you want to do it all by yourself. :)
I'm probably not even close to your level, but I'd love to learn. :) Which is why I don't mind if you'd rather do it alone. :P

Sure, mate, I'd love some help :3

Don't think I have you on steam, add me steamcommunity.com/id/HAPPYGOPUCKEY

467 Posts

Throw in a fancy SCM like git or mercurial and I'm onboard as well. :)
29 Oct 2011, 22:15
103 Posts

Not that I can code, but I can suggest ideas on how it could work and such.

Ok... So how about a double chest with a [something] simalair to /lwc? You create a double chest, "/trade create", select the chest, then a GUI comes up.

How to set it up: (hypothetical example)
"/trade create". Click on double chest. GUI appears, you move from your inventory what you want to give in the top-half and then you hit a buttion. the buttion brings up the creative mode's list of all stuff (with a buttion to switch back-and-forth with items that can only be spawned) and when an item is selected the person can set how many of that item that they want the person to give. (I'm talking about requirements for the person who is not the creator FYI.) After that the person just exits it and it saves. With a command like "/trade edit" the chest can be edited.

When someone is using it:
The GUI looks very simalair to the double chest appearance, only the top half is what items a single trade will give and the bottom half is what the person will be giving. (spereated by a dotted line) A buttion would swich between that mode and the other would display how many more trades can be made before the chest has no more stuff to give. On the bottom part there would be a faint/50%-transparent image surrounded by red of the item and number needed to trade for the above items.

A chest that has the ability to trade will have signs above it saying:
Trade chest:
[player name]

/trade use

(/trade use to begin trading?) When the owner opens the chest it shows how much stuff is in there and how many "sets" are left (as a number, max = 64... right?)

Anyway, I probably have not explained it clearly enough. I'll edit this at some later time.
Minecraft Administrator Minecraft Administrator
07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

Eion_Kilant_739 wrote:
Not that I can code, but I can suggest ideas on how it could work and such.

Ok... So how about a double chest with a [something] simalair to /lwc? You create a double chest, "/trade create", select the chest, then a GUI comes up.

How to set it up: (hypothetical example)
"/trade create". Click on double chest. GUI appears, you move from your inventory what you want to give in the top-half and then you hit a buttion. the buttion brings up the creative mode's list of all stuff (with a buttion to switch back-and-forth with items that can only be spawned) and when an item is selected the person can set how many of that item that they want the person to give. (I'm talking about requirements for the person who is not the creator FYI.) After that the person just exits it and it saves. With a command like "/trade edit" the chest can be edited.

When someone is using it:
The GUI looks very simalair to the double chest appearance, only the top half is what items a single trade will give and the bottom half is what the person will be giving. (spereated by a dotted line) A buttion would swich between that mode and the other would display how many more trades can be made before the chest has no more stuff to give. On the bottom part there would be a faint/50%-transparent image surrounded by red of the item and number needed to trade for the above items.

A chest that has the ability to trade will have signs above it saying:
Trade chest:
[player name]

/trade use

(/trade use to begin trading?) When the owner opens the chest it shows how much stuff is in there and how many "sets" are left (as a number, max = 64... right?)

Anyway, I probably have not explained it clearly enough. I'll edit this at some later time.

This would require a clientside mod since you cannot mod the client's gui over the server.

1890 Posts

Not sure how the project is going. :) I helped out with some code and some ideas in the beginning, but I think Puckey took over the development, so not sure what status is. It should be underway though. :D
VIP VIP
23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

I've used iConomy before, and I actually like it. It doesn't have to be iconomy but any economy plugin would be very nice for the server.