New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 18 posts ] 
VIP VIP
02 Jan 2011, 00:58
332 Posts

Don't you just wish you could be free in the skies? Well, now you can with the Minecraft Planes Mod!

I was looking for Mods to enhance my singleplayer game, when I came across the Planes Mod. I tried it out, and it was the most fun I have had in ages. I really think a lot of people would be interested if it were on the server, and it would add a new way to do things.

(Also, I think VIP's should have access to kits for planes, such as /kit camel or /kit fokker . Mods and Admins should have Access to spawn Spitfires. Everyone can make them, of course, if they have the resources.)

Anyway, that's my two cents. Please, if you could put this Mod in it would make my day.

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

No, I don't think it's a good idea. Everything will end up being about flying.
Hacker Hacker
20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

Looks fun, but: Everyone on the server would need that client-mod to use the planes, dunno what happens with those that don't have it.
And like Ultimate said - everyone would be flying around, uncontrollably bombing the shit out of other peoples buildings.

We could make a special Plane-Mod minecraft server if Karl approves.
VIP VIP
02 Jan 2011, 00:58
332 Posts

Ooh, that's a fair point. I assumed that the mod was only server side, and that the TNT Protection would cover the bombing.

01 May 2011, 05:42
1 Posts

what is the IP? 8-)
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

sonic3466 wrote:
what is the IP? 8-)

mc.aprilon.org

Edit by BLOOD: Thats the address to the SMP server, there is no planes mod server.

19 Mar 2011, 18:28
50 Posts

The idea of a plane only mod server is a good one but as the comments above say the bombing would be rather uncontrollable unless world guard stops the explosions if they work around the same way as TNT.

29 Nov 2010, 17:30
89 Posts

We could have planes, yes, or we could wait until Notch implements dragons. I have a sneaking suspicion that they might turn up in 1.7, but knowing how SMP hates everything, they won't work properly until later.

On that note, I don't suppose if anyone knows a way around a bug I get on a local server with friends? In the nether, any portal placed in the overworld leads to the same portal in the nether. Is there a workaround for this?

20 Mar 2010, 20:58
467 Posts

Build the portals further apart from each other? :v
89 Posts

It doesn't matter where the surface portal is on the overworld, it will always link back to the same portal. It then, rather than sending you back to the source portal, always dumps you back in a nether portal in a cave not too far from one of out settlements. We tore down the portal, it made another in the same spot.

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Have you tried removing all portals, then rebuilding them? Heard that should solve most of those problems.
89 Posts

I'll give it a shot some time. If it doesn't work, I think we'll just abandon nether.

10 Jul 2011, 22:48
1 Posts

how do u get on it says outdated server
Server Admin Server Admin
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

Protip: Check the forums for a thread regarding this issue, and if you can't find one, post in the appropriate section.

The server hasn't updated yet because canarymod hasn't released a build compatible with 1.7. You will need to downgrade to play on the server.

[Edit: A compatible build should be released today. I also see this is your first post. Welcome to the server.]

25 Aug 2011, 07:15
3 Posts

How to setup and manage a minecraft server? I downloaded to necessary things to make a minecraft server for the old outdated version but I don't know how to set it up! Please help! Also tips on managing it would be great!