New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
14 Aug 2009, 09:36
2 Posts

.. And I don't know why. My husband, Retardo Mowgli, belives is because some of DB members fakenicked last thursday evning.
I'm a donater and one of the sales pitches is that as a donator you can't be teamscambled only by an admin. I was online and ingame at the time, when Karl joined the server and scambled the teams twice.
All DB members continued to play eventhough we were playing against eachother and without complaining or whining.
As a donater I play by the rules of the donations, since no other rules can be found in the forums. I went online today and discovered that I've been baned, no reason to be found anywhere in the forums or otherwise. So my question is this: Why am I banned?

Sji
VIP VIP
03 Jan 2010, 10:57
90 Posts

So you are now a banned-married-female gamer! Does it get any cooler?

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

The repeated team stacking despite admin requests is the reason i have for you, you're not immune from the fakenick saga a quick look at your hlstats page shows that, Karl was the one who issued the ban and its not just yourself thats been hit with this, i would speak to Karl to find out how long this sentence will last but thats the reason the ban was issued as far as i know, i know i personally had a chat with Evil on the matter about 3 days prior and he was not as helpful as he could have been.

22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

hmm maybe we should unban one or two, I mean you cant really stack with 2 people. Stacking is annoying as hell but I feel like It's usually not a basis for a ban. Did they get warnings? Maybe I just don't fully comprehend the situation, I've been quite busy recently.

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
Server Admin Server Admin
840 Posts

Goose wrote:
hmm maybe we should unban one or two, I mean you cant really stack with 2 people. Stacking is annoying as hell but I feel like It's usually not a basis for a ban. Did they get warnings? Maybe I just don't fully comprehend the situation, I've been quite busy recently.

It happened over a period of 3 days, first day was stacking with 5 second was stacking with 4 i warned and asked them to stop on both those days, the 3rd day was dealt with by karl the end result is the bans you see here, i can't speak for what happened on the last day as i wasn't there but i got the impression all i was getting was a virtual middle finger the whole time, so personally i would have to say reap what you sow, obviously this is down to Karl to decide ultimately and i'll back whatever choice he makes either way.

03 Aug 2009, 17:21
159 Posts

The problem is that there are no clear rules when it comes to it really. Especially when donator priveledges are given that allow bypassing of these kind of rules. And the fact that they only come from when an admin is in there and the request/order made during different kinds of situations can be seen as a self-imposed rule being modified given the situation.

But, I wasn't there so I shouldn't be making examples without witnessing it. :v

Main problems here are basically that:

- No basic rules or guidelines set up on the servers so it becomes the admins decision to do it at his own discretion. When questioned on it there isn't really anything to refer to besides their own opinion what was right or wrong, which goes back to the start, since there aren't any set rules. This isn't to say that an admin shouldn't go by his own judgement either, though.

- Donators are immune to teamswitch. Groups of people/clans that know eachother like playing together, it's a natural thing. On the AD server, they're even given the option to pay money to be able to stay on the server. With that kind of advantage it's almost a given incentive (especially with players that have been on the servers for a long time) to pay for it, which the people in question have. Cyph says he feels as if he has been getting an attitude from them. I'd think it's pretty natural for them to feel that they have the right to do so, since it's what was offered for donators. One should of course obey an admin but you also have the rights to question why.

Anyways, suggestion to try and fix this up is to at least try and set some (at least some basic) rules and guidelines to what can and can't be done. For example what counts as stacking, at least something more specific. I think at least something like that along with some main other stuff would probably help and also lead to less situations that end in kicking/banning.

02 Jun 2009, 22:57
209 Posts

Sji wrote:
My husband, Retardo Mowgli,

I don't remember getting wed. Musta been a hell of a night.

02 Aug 2009, 19:08
38 Posts

I totally agree with theblackerbanana. There are no clear set of rules, or any clear guidelines or whatsoever, so the admins really just acts how they see fit, which is bad in my opinon. Especially in light of not-so-recent events with Cypherous's DB-whining-spree.

But about the ban reason.. i can't really understand why i have been banned. All i really did was make a little fun of the situation with teamstacking by switching nicks with [PØLSE]emzy, so he got my nick and i got his. All that in front of Karl, so he clearly knew the nick was switched. I then made some clearly ironic statement that DB wasn't a clan anymore and we wasn't friend anymore, so he didn't really have a word for what we were doing (friendstacking, clanstacking? :D). In Karls world it resulted in a ban for all DB players for some reason. Sji, Retardo Mowgli, Frityremyre, Korten muzzen, SaBor has not been fakenicking. The only thing i asked them, was to remove their clan tags when they were playing on Aprilon.

For some reason, Karl and Cypherous was both actively looking for a reason to ban DB, and i can't really understand why, and all this happened from one day to another while we were playing (on the same team of course). We were server-regulars, which we at the same time were donators (some of us donated until March), and we have in the past made many donations.

Another noteable thing to say, is that we always have been playing on the same team while playing on Aprilon. Very few times have we been seperated, and we genereally don't like playing eachother (hence the donations). And yeah, when we really own, we can really make people leave, and that is the admins main decision to split DB up, and thats where the problems all began. The admins felt DB was owning too much. Aprilon gets players in, as fast as people get out of the server, unless its really late or early, so i can't really see their problem. All in all, i think the main server administrator, Karl, is a bad server administrator. He gets things done when it comes to plugins, mods and such, but when it comes to handling difficult cases like this, and bad administrators, we have now multiple times seen him extremely passive, and refuses to take action. But he did however take action when i started to make the previously noted ironic statement, by banning the whole DB clan (indefinitely i think?). Thats just fail, and it clearly shows that Karl doesn't really want DB on the server anymore.

All in all, we enjoyed our time on Aprilon, but we clearly feel that it's time to move on to a new server. We will of course miss playing with most of you, and we always have a good time when we play :) (you guys know you are), but we feel its for the best, and we wish Aprilon the best of luck in the future. We might return in the future, i can't tell, and i can't rule out that some of the other DB members sometimes will stop by.[CLEAR IRONIC STATEMENT] But if we all return again, it will be with new nicks, steamIDs and IPs if neccessary :P [/CLEAR IRONIC STATEMENT] <-- get it Karl? :D

btw. you guys are welcome to add me on gaybook :P

Best Regards,
this is evil evil
840 Posts

thisisevilevil wrote:
Sji, Retardo Mowgli, Frityremyre, Korten muzzen, SaBor has not been fakenicking. The only thing i asked them, was to remove their clan tags when they were playing on Aprilon.

Sji played under the name muttermice for 4 hours pretty much right after one of my so called "whine" spree's and clearly even attempted to deny being Sji until someone else also pointed it out, check the alias' section at the bottom, Sabor even went so far as to name himself fakenick and then darksite again looks like he was attempting to avoid the previous instructions, seems the rest didn't follow in the fakenick thing although this is an interesting read aswell.

But back on track a shame to see you go you're nice enough people to chat with and i wish you the very best in the future.

159 Posts

thisisevilevil wrote:
I totally agree with theblackerbanana. There are no clear set of rules, or any clear guidelines or whatsoever, so the admins really just acts how they see fit, which is bad in my opinon. Especially in light of not-so-recent events with Cypherous's DB-whining-spree.

words words words

Another noteable thing to say, is that we always have been playing on the same team while playing on Aprilon. Very few times have we been seperated, and we genereally don't like playing eachother (hence the donations). And yeah, when we really own, we can really make people leave, and that is the admins main decision to split DB up, and thats where the problems all began. The admins felt DB was owning too much. Aprilon gets players in, as fast as people get out of the server, unless its really late or early, so i can't really see their problem. All in all, i think the main server administrator, Karl, is a bad server administrator. He gets things done when it comes to plugins, mods and such, but when it comes to handling difficult cases like this, and bad administrators, we have now multiple times seen him extremely passive, and refuses to take action. But he did however take action when i started to make the previously noted ironic statement, by banning the whole DB clan (indefinitely i think?). Thats just fail, and it clearly shows that Karl doesn't really want DB on the server anymore.

words words words

Best Regards,
this is evil evil

I think Evil's words might be somewhat harsh (and somewhat trying to be provocative), but within it lies a point. The issue won't really go anywhere until Karl makes up his mind to what the rules are and how they are seen towards donators as well.

You may have a point Evil, but I think just leaving (again) is the least constructive way to solve this.

11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

I banned them because I feel it's the best for the server. As you said yourself Evil, you could easily empty the server (because no one wants to play rounds that only last for 3 minutes) and I'm a guy who really cares about the overall server activity.

24 Jan 2010, 19:58
3 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
Sabor even went so far as to name himself fakenick and then darksite again looks like he was attempting to avoid the previous instructions

Loads of people started to complain about the communitytag, so some of DB decided to remove their tag so we could spare the server from turning into some kinda Ragnarök. Most regular gamers on aprilon knew what our "fakenick" were anyway so we figured it wouldn't do any harm. I guess, we were wrong. I don't like calling DB for a clan - We never trained any tactics and we've never played any clanmatches.

theblackerbanana wrote:
You may have a point Evil, but I think just leaving (again) is the least constructive way to solve this.

We didn't "just" leave again. We got banned.

Karl wrote:
I banned them because I feel it's the best for the server. As you said yourself Evil, you could easily empty the server (because no one wants to play rounds that only last for 3 minutes) and I'm a guy who really cares about the overall server activity.

We never "succeeded" in emptying the server because of the high server activity but I get your point. Having said that, it still sucks to pay for a service (the ability not to get scrambled) and then end up getting banned for "overusing" the service.
840 Posts

Sabor wrote:
We never "succeeded" in emptying the server because of the high server activity but I get your point. Having said that, it still sucks to pay for a service (the ability not to get scrambled) and then end up getting banned for "overusing" the service.

Paying to avoid the scramble is not the same as paying to all play on the same team knowing you'll kill them all with zero comeback as immunity to the normal scramble means nobody can stop you which is basically what was happening from where i was sitting most of the time, i wouldn't call my brother me and my neighbour a clan either but we use the tags to show we know each other but we don't unbalance teams to the extent 5 DB members do.

Still a shame it had to end this way if you had listened to my repeated requests not to always play on the same team nor insulted karl then this might not have happened, yes there is no written rule about stacking however there is an expectation for you to respect the requests of admins and the server owner and this was the part that fell through.

159 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
Paying to avoid the scramble is not the same as paying to all play on the same team knowing you'll kill them all with zero comeback as immunity to the normal scramble means nobody can stop you which is basically what was happening from where i was sitting most of the time, i wouldn't call my brother me and my neighbour a clan either but we use the tags to show we know each other but we don't unbalance teams to the extent 5 DB members do.

how dare you imply that i suck