New topic New reply  Page 2 of 3
 [ 31 posts ] 
09 Aug 2011, 08:52
15 Posts

Ok <.< so now i got banned from advertising <.< when i readed rules last time(a long time ago) -.- it didnt say something about it so yeah -.-...

09 Aug 2011, 08:52
15 Posts

<.< got banned from advertising when it didnt say anything about it last time i did read the rules...-.-...and i didnt try to advertise at all <.< i just said it...:/

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

It is common sense. Of course we don't want you to advertise for other servers on our server. If you bought a fruit store in real life, I wouldn't walk into your store and start selling apples that are cheaper than yours..

With that said - You are right, this is not directly explained in our rules.

§1 NO GRIEFING
§2 NO GLITCHING
§3 NO SPAMMING
§4 DON'T BE A PRICK
§5 RESPECT PEOPLES BUILDS/SPACE
§6 RESPECT OTHER PLAYERS, MODS AND ADMINS
§7 NO INTENTIONAL DAMAGE TO THE SERVER IS ALLOWED
§8 ABSOLUTELY NO STEALING

These are the rules that people may find under their 'Application Status' on our Dashboard. It does not say anything about advertising, which I suppose is a mistake from our side. Apart from that it is okay to use common sense.
Server Admin Server Admin
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

If you don't agree with the ban then post an appeal.

11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Though, advertising does in some way go under rule 7. Stealing players with advertising is a way to damage the server.

23 May 2011, 20:52
5 Posts

Not saying it is ok, and I know you guys take advertising other servers pretty seriously, however I believe the punishment is way too harsh compared to the actual crime.

Even if it might be common sense, or the rule might be indirectly classified under rule 7, some of your players certainly might not consider this if not told directly. Don't give people a chance to think what they are doing is OK if it ain't. You of all should be aware that a lot of the players on your server can't exactly be considered "smart".

Don't you think he should have been given a warning first at least?

If he did recieve a warning (I have no chance of knowing), then obviously it is his own fault.

Banning too many players too fast will also hurt the server.
361 Posts

DeluXe wrote:
Not saying it is ok, and I know you guys take advertising other servers pretty seriously, however I believe the punishment is way too harsh compared to the actual crime.

Even if it might be common sense, or the rule might be indirectly classified under rule 7, some of your players certainly might not consider this if not told directly. Don't give people a chance to think what they are doing is OK if it ain't. You of all should be aware that a lot of the players on your server can't exactly be considered "smart".

Don't you think he should have been given a warning first at least?

If he did recieve a warning (I have no chance of knowing), then obviously it is his own fault.

Banning too many players too fast will also hurt the server.

Advertising severely hurts the server, and has done so for months now. I'm talking to him in his ban appeal, don't judge so quickly. Wait and see how it turns out.

881 Posts

I agreed and had the same sentiment as you did, DeluXe - But I was told from fellow moderators and admins that he had done it several times so I assume that he have been warned.

Also - I believe we rather want a Medi-populated server where rulebreakers are banned than we want a full server with idiots breaking our rules. Quality > Quantity - That is what makes a server good.
Don't you agree?
23 May 2011, 20:52
5 Posts

Certainly, I just don't think you can say all cases should be handled with the heaviest punishment at hand - meaning they were of "bad quality". Using HGPs own words "don't judge so quickly".

I am not here to say anyone is wrong, I usually don't even post at all, I just think it is worth the time considering if this Murloc guys intentions was purely to harm the server, and regarding the fact he already now have felt some punishment, wouldn't make him think twice before breaking any rules again?

No one but Murloc himself can assure he won't break any rules again, but I believe second chances can do wonders.

I merely wanted you to reconsider before closing the case, it is your server and therefore your call in the end.
881 Posts

I'd like to see him get another shot as well but I am almost completely outnumbered in that opinion judging from several responses on our IRC earlier today.. :)
01 May 2011, 14:10
76 Posts

Ultimate100 wrote:
I'd like to see him get another shot as well but I am almost completely outnumbered in that opinion judging from several responses on our IRC earlier today.. :)

This just happened, notice that Jojo was talking to murloc.
Link: http://imgur.com/NAy1E

Then I went to check out the server that was advertised in the picture on my post, and saw this:
Link: http://imgur.com/GtAIQ

You be the judge...
29 Oct 2011, 22:15
103 Posts

freakdk wrote:

How did you get a top-down layout of the map in the corner? I also think that maybe he wasn't advertising the server in-game, but from other means. It doesn't specify how he knew about it. They could be friends in real life even.
361 Posts

WILL ALL NON-STAFF WHO ARE NOT INVOLVED PLEASE EXIT THE THREAD. It's getting a bit too hairy in here.

freakdk wrote:

Then I went to check out the server that was advertised in the picture on my post, and saw this:

You be the judge...

Nothing of worth there

01 May 2011, 14:10
76 Posts

HAPPYGOPUCKEY wrote:
WILL ALL NON-STAFF WHO ARE NOT INVOLVED PLEASE EXIT THE THREAD. It's getting a bit too hairy in here.

freakdk wrote:

You be the judge...

Nothing of worth there

Right so yo won't have a problem with me "introducing" all of the people I know on Aprilon to another server that I might play on? Cool.
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Pretty sure that would fall under the "Don't be a prick" rule. :7
New topic New reply  Page 2 of 3
 [ 31 posts ]