New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 8 posts ] 
28 Jun 2009, 05:08
27 Posts

Just something I wrote for another server I play and admin on. I censored it for here though :P

I have noticed a huge trend in people who behave or act a certain way and either get banned or unbanned due to this. This is basically a guide on how not to ask to be unbanned.

Don't be an A Hole - I see plenty of people who think its alright to start flaming or calling admins gay because they banned you. The admins are real people, they have real feelings, and real lives. Don't go calling an admin retarded, g**, f**, ni***r, j**, chi**, anything just because you go banned. It's not wise to start flaming, you may have been unbanned for your arguement, but then again banned because you were an asshole.

Follow the format - I have seen more than enough people not even use the format for an unban request. You fail to get the correct information and make a fool of yourself. Make sure before you post an unban request you copy and paste the format into your post and add in all of the correct information. Note: Remember to actually post the unban request in the correct section.

Don't post if - Don't post an unban request if the ban is an hour or less, because most of the time by the time the problem actually gets resolved you are unbanned anyways. If you haven't noticed, anybody who posts a ban request for 15 minutes or so is looked at like a retard. Don't be a retard. (MAY NOT APPLY IN ALL CASES) :D

How To Get Your Steam ID
1. Go into GarrysMod
2. Join a multiplayer server
3. Make sure to have the console enabled by going to options/keyboard/advanced or something like that.
4. Press the ~ key (Tilde Key) which is above the Tab button.
5. Type "Status" without the quotes.
6. You should get a list of all the players in the game with there Steam ID's next to their names.
7. Copy your steam ID, make sure to Include the STEAM_XXXX:X:X or however it goes.
8. Post that into your unban request.
VIP VIP
03 Jun 2009, 13:32
18 Posts

Two thinks to add to that. On an English keyboard, ~ is not the console key, it is ¬ found above the tab button.

Also, I'm fairly sure you can just type !steamid in Karl's server.
04 Aug 2009, 03:22
89 Posts

MatNicholls wrote:
Two thinks to add to that. On an English keyboard, ~ is not the console key, it is ¬ found above the tab button.

lol, im in us i have an english keyboard, it is ~ not w/e u wrote

SHUT UP WOMAN GET ON MA HORSE
Server Admin Server Admin
25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

A good and true guide indeed!
Good job. ^^
VIP VIP
23 Dec 2009, 20:05
56 Posts

That's a very good guide, but if you have got banned for the right reason, I don't think you'd be unbanned anytime soon if at all! But very nice guide, and i hope there isn't aany minges on the forum anyway XD

27 Dec 2009, 10:09
618 Posts

Minges don't know how to use forums.
OMG WORDS, WHERES THE PROPS. HOW WILL I PROPSPAM NOW!

20 Mar 2011, 01:27
16 Posts

krzykris wrote:
MatNicholls wrote:

lol, im in us i have an english keyboard, it is ~ not w/e u wrote

By English I think he meant the keyboards used in England. ^^

19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Holy bumping shit.