New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 8 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

You know it! You love it! You've been hassling me for weeks on end about it!

It's motherfucking P R I V W A R P S!

The plugin isn't installed yet, so stay tuned, but I'm gonna post this anyways!
[EDIT: It's done!]

For those of you new to the server, AdPrivWarps or "pwarps" is a plugin I made for the old Aprilon server. It's analogous to the "/warp" command we all know and love, but as the "priv" implies, pwarps are private. That means they're essentially a second home you can teleport to.

But wait! There's more! You can also share pwarps with your friends! How fucking radical is that.

Long story short the plugin fell out of date and I wasted so much time obsessing over backwards compatibility (that wasn't even necessary) that I wasn't able to update it until now. Shame on me.

So now that AdPrivWarps 2.0 is out, this post will serve as an announcement for those who are familiar, and an introduction to those who aren't. Without further ado, let me briefly introduce you to the commands.

You can use /pw help for a list of commands. All of the commands used start with /pw, except for /pwarp <warpname>, which is a shortcut for /pw warp.

Below are all of the commands you'll use. Bits enclosed in angle brackets <> are requied arguments.

• /pw create <name> - Creates a pwarp where you are currently standing.
  • /pw delete <name> - If you own warp <warpname>, the warp is deleted from you and all of the people with whom you've shared it. If you don't own it (i.e. it's shared with you), this command will simply "unshare" the warp from yourself, leaving the rest of the warp still existent.
  • /pw list - Lists all the warps you have access to.
  • /pw share <warpname> <playername> - Share a warp with a friend. The <playername> argument should autocomplete if the player is online, so if Pr0ph3cy7 is online i could type /pw share warp pr0 and it will share it with him. However I would still try to type the full name if I were you. You can always use the tab key to complete names.
  • /pw unshare <warpname> <playername> - Same as above, except it removes access from the mentioned player. <playername> autocompletes as above.
  • /pw listshared <warpname> - Lists all the people that you've shared warp <warpname> with.

General griefing rules still apply, don't abuse the plugin to be a dick in any form. This includes stalking people and setting pwarps at their house to show up uninvited. Admins reserve rights to tamper with any pwarp seen fit.

Now, this is only 2.0 and I pushed the update out as quickly as I could, as I'm leaving town early tomorrow morning. There are some other features to be added, such as /pw move and /pw rename. Stay tuned.

Happy warping! Don't teleport bread. Contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
VIP VIP
23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

Great to see the return of PuckeyWarps! I mean... PrivarepartWarps! Oh wait PrivWarps! (only kidding of course)..

Can't wait to use it.
Although if we ever get the donation page up again. I think It should be exclusive number of PWarps for a player. You get more as you become VIP and even more (maybe unlimited?) as a VIP+.

Just throwing that idea out there.

07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

Update: It's enabled now, yeah. do it

26 Feb 2012, 13:16
49 Posts

what does this mean?

http://prntscr.com/3xxxmm
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

creeperjaws wrote:
what does this mean?

http://prntscr.com/3xxxmm

Inactivity disconnects the MySQL connection to the privwarps plugin, in this case (timeout on idle). I refreshed the connection, but Puckey should be able to validate the connection with the plugin before sending a real query.

49 Posts

ok didnt understand a any of what you just said
so i will take you word for it =)
VIP VIP
23 Mar 2011, 21:02
434 Posts

creeperjaws wrote:

Sigh... :roll: Just be patient, basically. They're working on it.

49 Posts

Xana wrote:
creeperjaws wrote:

Sigh... :roll: Just be patient, basically. They're working on it.

Ahhhhh thankyou someone who uses simple words =)
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 8 posts ]