New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 26 posts ] 
05 Jun 2009, 17:41
29 Posts

As me and Karl have discussed, it would be nice to add a switcharound the the Payload server,

So it changes from CP to PL every other map. An example of this is:

Badwater
Hydro
Gold Rush
Dustbowl
Gravel Pit
Pipeline
Steel
HooDoo (give defenders extra second for respawn)

02 Jun 2009, 22:57
209 Posts

Well, the title of that topic is certainly off putting. :?

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Aslong as hydro is excluded then sure and bring back pipeline i liked that map aswell :(

11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
Aslong as hydro is excluded then sure and bring back pipeline i liked that map aswell :(

Pipeline was somewhat buggy; on the last "stage" (3rd round), when blue won, it would explode but the map wouldn't restart. I'm not sure if it's something wrong at our side, been investigating a little but I haven't found anything.

08 Jun 2009, 23:11
409 Posts

Karl wrote:
Cypherous wrote:

Pipeline was somewhat buggy; on the last "stage" (3rd round), when blue won, it would explode but the map wouldn't restart. I'm not sure if it's something wrong at our side, been investigating a little but I haven't found anything.

Lol, you stole my Userbar pic for your sig. :!:

/OffTopic
22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

Is there any chance of this still happening, payload is awesome but its nice to mix it up a bit every once in a while ;)

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

Goose wrote:
Is there any chance of this still happening, payload is awesome but its nice to mix it up a bit every once in a while ;)

Would adding Pipeline again be enough? I can't add it yet, there's some bugs I have to solve which is caused by one of the plugins we use (specifically the class limiter plugin), so we're trying to find another alternative for that.

809 Posts

Karl wrote:
Goose wrote:

Would adding Pipeline again be enough? I can't add it yet, there's some bugs I have to solve which is caused by one of the plugins we use (specifically the class limiter plugin), so we're trying to find another alternative for that.

If you can work around that bug, pipeline would be a good alternative for aprlion, we should test out and see the players response to it and then you can decide whether to make it permanent or remove it. I know goldrush and badwater are much more popular so perhaps that could be preferred. I'm a fan of RTV as long as a large % of the server has to vote in agreement, but would that mess up the rotation completely?

Server Admin Server Admin
840 Posts

I like pipeline but if its causing issues then its causing issues, maybe adding something like ctf sawmill which can be fun, just to spice it up a little oh and remove hoodoo >.>

809 Posts

Cypherous wrote:
I like pipeline but if its causing issues then its causing issues, maybe adding something like ctf sawmill which can be fun, just to spice it up a little oh and remove hoodoo >.>

I'd have to agree with removing hoodoo, its just not that great of a payload map in my opinion, also less people play when its hoodoo. I don't know about sawmill though just because its a CTF map and this is a 24/7 payload server though. I do like a change in map style though after so many payloads.

809 Posts

steel or hydro when you get a chance please :D

What if aprilon had a 24/7 Control point server or rtv? I'd definitely play there, only problem is it will split up the community :( so maybe not.

Server Admin Server Admin
840 Posts

Hydro is the most annoying map in existence, it can last forever >.<

809 Posts

I kinda like hydro actually, it will be a refreshing change, we should try it for a day.

809 Posts

is this going to happen? hoodoo is a mess in my opinion especially the later stages

Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

Goose wrote:
is this going to happen? hoodoo is a mess in my opinion especially the later stages

No... Now that it's a 24/7 payload, it should stay a 24/7 payload. Maybe in the future we'll be getting a 24/7 ctf/cp map server or a stock maps server.