New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
01 Jun 2009, 22:04
18 Posts

Hey, I haven't been on the severs recently due to every time I connect it instantly crashed with a memory problem.

Thing is I have been on severs with way more people and way more props and much more demanding and it runs fine. But all your severs crash for me :(

Can any one help
It may be a addon I have conflicting with a addon on your sever.
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Try removing some of your addons then (or most of them).
There's no motd on the server that could drain your memory that much, so I doubt it's something at our side.

01 Jun 2009, 22:04
18 Posts

It's weird though because I play alot of severs all diffrent types and it's only your sever specficly not just the build one all the rest of them, but if I go on another build sever it runs fine for me.
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

You could try running a new install (rename your garrysmod/garrysmod folder to like garrysmod_old, so that the path would be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*username*\garrysmod\garrysmod_old).
Next time you start GMod, it'll make a new folder, a fresh "install" with just the standard addons.
See if this fixes the problem, and if it does, there's something wrong with your addons.

28 Jun 2009, 13:21
42 Posts

It could be the way you have loaded the server. At first maybe something went wrong during the time you first loaded the server up. Now its taken effect because of a update of some sort. If it was this what I would do is delete anything you have loaded from this server then reload it all. What I would not do: Format the hard drive - I recommend not doing this unless its (very) serious and there is no other way you or anyone else knows to fix it.

Anyway good luck on fixing it.

Yoyo

1994 Posts

Yoyo wrote:
It could be the way you have loaded the server. At first maybe something went wrong during the time you first loaded the server up. Now its taken effect because of a update of some sort. If it was this what I would do is delete anything you have loaded from this server then reload it all. What I would not do: Format the hard drive - I recommend not doing this unless its (very) serious and there is no other way you or anyone else knows to fix it.

Anyway good luck on fixing it.

Yoyo

This is something I wouldn't personally do, just renaming the garrysmod/garrysmod folder to something like garrysmod/garrysmodold will create a new install next time Garry's Mod is ran.
This'll basically create a new fresh install with all the defaults, and a cleared cache.