New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
Server Admin Server Admin
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1051 Posts

Maybe we could have a ShoutCast radio on the TF2 server, or the Garry's Mod server, but I'm thinking about the TF2 server here.

For those who don't know, shoutcast is a platform for streaming media/music/voice over the internet. Like Radio 1 or Heart. (DR, Nova in Denmark)..

Good idea, or terrible heart pounding idea?
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Probably not a good idea when it comes to the legal papers you'll have to do just to broadcast legally (music and such that is). Plus, it costs for a license (most likely) to stream music.

22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

Karl wrote:
Probably not a good idea when it comes to the legal papers you'll have to do just to broadcast legally (music and such that is). Plus, it costs for a license (most likely) to stream music.

agreed, use xfire browser when in game, go on a streaming website, play music :D

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
1051 Posts

I wasn't thinking on playing music, just have people voicing while the match is going on.

I know you need licenses to stream music online, but maybe we could just have commentators or admins live. Just an idea that I thought would work well.
07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

TBH sounds more work than the gain we would get, besides most people either want to hear the game or the music they have on in the background ^^

1051 Posts

Guess so, I thought of that earlier, but then we could have !live command or something to toggle it.
When it's turned on, then it could say "Type !live again to stop the live stream".

But yea, may as well abandon this idea, I thought it was good.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ]