New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 21 posts ] 
02 Aug 2009, 19:08
38 Posts

Hello guys :)

first i would like to say that it's good to be back on aprilon.. i love playing/owning with you guys :D

I would like to suggest a longer "waiting for players" period. When the server changes map, the waiting for players in only 3-4 seconds. Its good enough for those who got a 1337 PC, but TF2 is a big game, and can take a while to load for older rigs :) So when they join, most of the setup round has gone, and if u wanna be engineer it can be a pain in the ass :P i do not myself have this problem, but i noticed quite alot who has, including Sji from DB. She's playing on an 2 year laptop :)
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Any specific time, 30-60 seconds? Or just back to 60? :)

08 Jun 2009, 23:11
409 Posts

No. Fucking. Way.

They should buy a faster hard drive. :|

Having to wait on people with outdated hardware is a waste of time.
Server Admin Server Admin
07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Gobo wrote:
No. Fucking. Way.

They should buy a faster hard drive. :|

Having to wait on people with outdated hardware is a waste of time.

TF2 does have minimum specs ya know so you kinda have to deal with people using slower machines, i don't have this issue but i'm not on a slow machine so i'm for this a little, however i kinda understand the issue about waiting for others, i know when i join there is normally only a few seconds to wait before setup begins, so i think there should be a little wait but not so long as to annoy people and a minute prior to setup really would be too long to stand around, 30 seconds could do as a test i would guess but nothing more than that or you'll start annoying more people than you help :)

24 Oct 2009, 15:20
43 Posts

i agree with cyph 30 sec sounds good more is annoying.
i dont have a new PC either i have the same problem as ur friend evil but i dont really care about it cause engi is at 3 most of the time i join the game after mapchange due to long loading times and the only other class i can think of is medic cause u dont get ur uber ready in the setup so i think it is not that important but 30 secs could be tested depends on karl.

greetz wuz

1994 Posts

It's now 30 seconds :)

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

thisisevilevil wrote:
Its good enough for those who got a 1337 PC, but...

:quagmire:
38 Posts

30 seconds might be a overkill, hehe. i was thinking more like 15-20 seconds. But lets give it a try :)

Thanks Karl :D
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

I'm usually very late into a game, however I have a fairly new 500gb HDD and 2GBs of Ram.. -.-

That not good enough for a game? God damn.
Developer i play dota ok
1994 Posts

Conor wrote:
I'm usually very late into a game, however I have a fairly new 500gb HDD and 2GBs of Ram.. -.-

You're such a noob.

03 Nov 2009, 15:17
469 Posts

Conor wrote:

Don't forget that your CPU also counts ;)

38 Posts

when we talk of load time in TF2 the CPU and RAM are the most common factors. And if you have an older rig an likes to play with lag in a very high resolution, ur computer can take a very long time to load all of the textures because of the high resolution. The harddrive can also have a say in the matter if it's an older harddrive like ATA with low RPM :)
22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

30 seconds sounds good, and welcome to the forums ! :P

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

yo da noob :D

How am I a noob? :)
38 Posts

Looks like the wait time is not working properly :) When the server changes map you see the 20 seconds wait time, but after 2 seconds it switches to setup.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 21 posts ]