Archive: Old pointless posts are stored here for the purposes of cleaning up the other forums.
Topic locked

Left 4 Dead 2

04 Jun 2009, 18:56

Who else is psyched for the sequel to "Left 4 Dead"?

A few links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6FCFoL3k4 - L4D2 Teaser Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIY1USEXAIg - E3 beta footage.
http://www.l4d.com - Left 4 Dead official website.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

04 Jun 2009, 20:41

I am, can't wait to kill zombies whit a frying pan ^^

05 Jun 2009, 15:30

>< i want l4d 1 first :P the game is awsome

27 Jun 2009, 10:19

I honestly can't see what's so great about it.
You get to smack a zombie in the head with a frying pan. Whoop de doo!
Also, the game looks too cartoonish.

03 Jul 2009, 09:40

Bananana wrote:I honestly can't see what's so great about it.
You get to smack a zombie in the head with a frying pan. Whoop de doo!
Also, the game looks too cartoonish.

To add to this, l4d can get really repetitive, i've barely played it because of that factor, GMOD FTW!

04 Jul 2009, 04:47

Not me D:

05 Sep 2009, 08:10

Great! Now I wanna waste 50$ to kill zombies with a frying pan!

06 Sep 2009, 14:09

You people are wayy to judging.
You haven't even tried the game and you are already criticizing it.
I must admit I can't wait, and I am definitely going to spend those few pennys on it, once it's released. :D

06 Sep 2009, 14:12

I played L4D for about a week after i bought it, not used it again since just because i already know whats going to happen each time, sadly L4D2 will be much of the same except it will feel new for a while then get old, TF2 4tw ^^

06 Sep 2009, 16:11

If L4D Versus repeats, then so does Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike etc. ;)

18 Sep 2009, 15:19

Ultimate100 wrote:If L4D Versus repeats, then so does Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike etc. ;)

L4d: Co-op, versus
Cs: Deathrun, Bhop, Surf, Zombie mod, Deathmatch, Wcs, Hide and seek, Jailbreak, Longjump and tons more.

17 Oct 2009, 13:31

Ears. wrote: To add to this, l4d can get really repetitive, i've barely played it because of that factor, GMOD FTW!

amen to that ;)

13 Dec 2009, 23:26

Bananana wrote:
Ultimate100 wrote:If L4D Versus repeats, then so does Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike etc. ;)

L4d: Co-op, versus
Cs: Deathrun, Bhop, Surf, Zombie mod, Deathmatch, Wcs, Hide and seek, Jailbreak, Longjump and tons more.

Thats because users arent able to make their own game modes in l4d. Plus,
L4D:Co-op, Versus, Campaign, Survival, Scavenge, Offline Co-op
Left 4 Dead both 1 and 2 DO only have 4 campaigns, but 4 chapters in each campaign. Also, it never gets old because of the A.I director. One round they may put a tank at the very beggining or something. Also, the zombies do not get old because 2 has more. Plus, how COULD they get old? The jockey, spitter, and charger id have to say are alot better than L4D1's set of zombies. Yes, I know the 2nd has the 1st's zombies. Anyways, I am standing up for left 4 dead in this, as there are no defects.

13 Dec 2009, 23:40

I thought developers could create their own campaigns (don't flame me because your reply was too long to read and I'm too lazy) :P

14 Dec 2009, 09:32

They can Karl. :P
They released the SDK for L4D like.. 2 months before L4D2 came out, and people have been spitting out campaigns ever since. Some really nice ones amongst those. People had been making maps before the SDK, making them orange-box maps, then converting them, making it a half solution, but after the SDK came out, it went much faster.
I think L4D2 looks good, but it's too expensive for an "expansion". It adds too little content for the price IMO, though it's on this years christmas wishlist. :]
Topic locked