New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
25 Aug 2011, 07:15
3 Posts

What minecraft server provider is free and easiest? I watched tutorials on how to make your own minecraft server but you have to open up some ports and stuff. I want a free server that you can get from server provider but without having to pay.
07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

bronddy wrote:
I want a free server that you can get from server provider but without having to pay.

that doesn't exist.
If you think about it, who would offer a machine for /free/ and pay for the fees?

You can either rent or pay for a machine.

But you're not gonna get it for free...

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

It's called google, you should try it some times. Maybe that will help you with your quest for free minecraft servers.
VIP VIP
07 Dec 2009, 22:32
201 Posts

Oh dear god son. Please never say that again...

http://nitrous-networks.co.uk/

THESE GUYS ARE CHEAP AS DIRT (lawl)

(Not affiliated)

A WILD BO APPEARS :{D
27 Apr 2011, 02:02
54 Posts

If you have a spare machine, a fairly hefty internet connection and no regard for your electricity bill, self-hosting has proven viable for my brother and I. Admittedly it only sees light usage from a limited number of players and for hosting anything larger it would be wholly inadequate.

Forwarding ports on your router is easy so long as you have access to the admin panel.

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

^Agree.
I have hosted dedicated servers just fine on my own computer, with a simple 10/1 connection, where up to 7 players were connected at the same time, with no lag. Only thing was some slow chunk generation when we went out of new netherportals, but wasn't bad at all.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ]