New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 9 posts ] 
VIP VIP
08 Jan 2010, 11:26
390 Posts

Hello, it's been a while since I've been here.
*Cough*
Well, I've started playing on the Minecraft Server again recently and random people have been teleporting to me and my friend, which we find somewhat annoying.
Yeah, they leave after a while being asked to go away a few times, but it's still annoying when they just randomly pop up and decide to help you / poke their nose around your stuff.

Anyway, my suggestion is an option per client to stop VIPs / VIP+'s from teleporting to you or the server asks you if you want them to teleport to you or not (Example: AprilonVIP69 wants to teleport to you, /tyes to accept, /tno to decline).

If it is possible to have this kind of teleport blocker, Admins / Mods should still be able to bypass this system.

Thanks for reading this, and happy gaming. =)

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

I understand your concern and your idea sounds like a good solution.
VIP VIP
390 Posts

Yeah, I've seen the accept / decline function before on another server but I'm not sure of the name of the plugin.

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Sounds like a very simple principle really, code-wise. So could easily be developed/implemented if it uses the normal built in TP in minecraft, and not something home-brewed. (Not that it makes it more challenging, just that it would require to fiddle with given plugin)
VIP VIP
390 Posts

I don't really know how to reply other than: Sounds good.

I think the plugin I've seen is part of this
Spoiler: Show
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-mech-teleportsuite-v1-1-2-teleport-requests-and-more-1185.29150/
but I'm not overly sure, but it sounds something like it.

07 Mar 2011, 00:08
338 Posts

It's not only annoying for VIPs but also for admins.

At first VIPs couldn't tp to admins, after i think since 1.6 thy can,
they teleport to admins whenever there is a dispute / grief / or any other problem.
Often they get in the way or ask irrelevant questions and / or mock the concerned user.

Even today this still happens.
Having unwanted ppl tp to you is a great annoyance , especially if they hind your work.

07 May 2011, 22:41
361 Posts

though I understand your cause (and sadly enough contributed to it a while ago), this is kind of more or less reducing /tp to /call and /bring, is it not?

390 Posts

Yeah I guess it is, but then it still stops unwanted people being there, right?

29 Oct 2011, 22:15
103 Posts

Mesprite wrote:
Yeah I guess it is, but then it still stops unwanted people being there, right?

What? SWEET! Now I can threaten them with that instead of threatening to boil them lin lava! Thank you.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 9 posts ]