New topic New reply  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 
24 Dec 2010, 15:17
158 Posts

Hi everyone!

Well, after trying all stuff i found on the internetz and on SPUF forums, i just cant get more than 5x fps on Badwater, with 3x most of the time. No such problems back on Xp nor Vista.

So, if magically someone had the same problem and solved it / heard of something that work even a bit or just want to troll me, im glad to hear it xD

Specs:
Core Quad Q9300 @2.5Ghz
4 Gb ram
Radeon HD3870X2

Thx for ur time :p

12 Jun 2010, 19:04
276 Posts

nOOb! wrote:
No such problems back on Xp nor Vista.

what OS are you using right now?

11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

LifeTimeXNovaCore wrote:
nOOb! wrote:

Windows 7, as in the thread title :facepalm:

276 Posts

Karl wrote:
LifeTimeXNovaCore wrote:
nOOb! wrote:

Windows 7, as in the thread title :facepalm:

yep sorry, thats why i should never read or post anything while im half asleep lol

B2T: you are sure that you got the latest drivers for your GFX :P?

what did you changed in the time ?
exit programs in the backround that dont need to run while playing

maybe this thread can help you http://www.aprilon.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1690

158 Posts

Im pretty sure its not related to any driver / program issue (just did a format 4 days ago and clean-installed, all newest versions ofc) so should be windows crap, as i saw on most forums

Im gonna try Chris Fps configs.. will let u know :p

Ty :D

02 Oct 2009, 15:24
1585 Posts

Y'know, i run Win 7..I don't have these problems.. :v
Nothing to do with windows.

Known as "Ocfos" since '01.
Loved Ex-Admin ♥ Loved Ex-Admin ♥
08 Jan 2010, 13:23
504 Posts

I doubt the configs will help you, your specs are more then enogh to run it smoothly, its most likely to be the GPU drivers

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Sounds like the problem I described in the other post. :)
158 Posts

Well, after trying all the configs I have made my own autexec with some stuff from each side.. seems pretty stable on 70 fps now without feeling im playing minecraft (no offense xD)

Anyway, didnt solve anything related to drivers / hardware, so it seems TF2 and Win 7 arent the best friends.. thx for ur help !

276 Posts

are you using VSync ? disable it maybe that helps and some unnecessary settings like bloom etc.

dunno why you got so many problems with win7 :P im running tf2 with nearly 300fps, but this is just another story xD

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

nOOb! wrote:
Well, after trying all the configs I have made my own autexec with some stuff from each side.. seems pretty stable on 70 fps now without feeling im playing minecraft (no offense xD)

Anyway, didnt solve anything related to drivers / hardware, so it seems TF2 and Win 7 arent the best friends.. thx for ur help !

As mentioned in the post that has been linked a few times, it's a common bug, that appears at random and for no reason. (That we know of)
The only way to get rid of this, is reinstalling windows. This is not caused by drivers.
TF2 works just fine with Windows 7, at least just as fine as all the other OS's. So that's not the case.
If it becomes too anoying, reinstall your windows. :) Might be an idea to do it now, as you won't ruin as much, as you would if you waited. :)
Server Admin Server Admin
07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Works great on win 7 x64 here nice and smooth, as said its not an issue with it hating windows it hates something you have enabled somewhere in the options thats causing issues, i just run my default settings :)

Phenom x4 955 Black
4GB DDR2 800mhz
Radeon HD 5670

Runs like a charm :)