New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 20 posts ] 
27 Jun 2009, 06:22
126 Posts

Well, I'm looking for a really really really REALLY good virus/spyware/adware/Etc scanners,

If anyone has one, please tell me here with a link to it!

Thank you! ;)

07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

Avast is an awesome AV app i've used it for years, spybot search and destroy is a good adware etc remover but i'm not sure if they still do the free version anymore :(

11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

I personally recommend Avast's Home Edition software. It's great.

08 Jun 2009, 23:11
409 Posts

If you're running Windows 7, you can get a fully registered version (beta) of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (legally). The license lasts till 2010, and you get all the updates and everything, as if you actually paid for it.
Google eet.
VIP VIP
31 May 2009, 02:21
30 Posts

If I were you I would get Kaspersky 2010 edition, it has a sandbox mode and virtual keyboard and is very good with its virus, malware and trojan definitions.
22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

I recommend Comodo antivirus suite, it has antivirus and a firewall to prevent stuff, and then for spyware specialization I recommend spybot search and destroy. Both are free programs :D.

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
Server Admin Server Admin
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

AVG or Avast :)
22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

Gobo wrote:
If you're running Windows 7, you can get a fully registered version (beta) of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (legally). The license lasts till 2010, and you get all the updates and everything, as if you actually paid for it.
Google eet.

Sounds good, haha I have two legitimate copies of Win7 on the way. One copy is Vista ultimate signature edition I won from some random thing, and the other is Vista Home premium that came as a free offer with my new gaming rig.

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
03 Aug 2009, 17:21
159 Posts

If you're using Firefox, you might want to look into getting Adblockplus and Noscript. ABP basically lets you block any picture, ad, or similar and has a blacklist of any nasty kind of ad that would try and do anything. Noscript on the other hand goes further and doesnt allow scripts to be run unless you allow them, like google ads (while harmless) or similar programs. It also gives you a good overview of different sites and what background scripts and things they run.

If anything would happen to get through, Spybot Search & Destroy can both immunize and remove most adware. If you want even further protection, try Spywareblaster as well, although not sure if you need anything else.

If there's a problem there, Hijackthis can kill most nasty programs, and give you a list of all strange/unknown programs or files currently running.

Besides that I don't really have a virus program besides Kaspersky which I run every now and then, but if I get a problem it's usually easily removed by Combofix.

[/endadvertisement]

Am I paranoid? D:

04 Jun 2009, 18:34
176 Posts

theblackerbanana wrote:
If you're using Firefox, you might want to look into getting Adblockplus and Noscript. ABP basically lets you block any picture, ad, or similar and has a blacklist of any nasty kind of ad that would try and do anything. Noscript on the other hand goes further and doesnt allow scripts to be run unless you allow them, like google ads (while harmless) or similar programs. It also gives you a good overview of different sites and what background scripts and things they run.

If anything would happen to get through, Spybot Search & Destroy can both immunize and remove most adware. If you want even further protection, try Spywareblaster as well, although not sure if you need anything else.

If there's a problem there, Hijackthis can kill most nasty programs, and give you a list of all strange/unknown programs or files currently running.

Besides that I don't really have a virus program besides Kaspersky which I run every now and then, but if I get a problem it's usually easily removed by Combofix.

[/endadvertisement]

Am I paranoid? D:

Yes you are, my clone :D

02 Oct 2009, 15:24
1585 Posts

i myself am using Spybot - Search and Destroy
and i find it very nice and simple to use

Known as "Ocfos" since '01.
Server Admin Server Admin
14 Oct 2009, 16:26
1052 Posts

I myself use Kaspersky Internet Security. I used to use Norton but that's a different story.. Seriously. Kaspersky is cheap to buy and easy to use. Thumbs up for Kaspersky 09.
16 Aug 2009, 23:54
965 Posts

I use Comodo Internet Security suite, which is an antivirus and absolutely leak-proof firewall, along with Crap Cleaner, Spybot and AdAware

What's the point of getting gmod if you have no creativity?

Dave [AD] killed Karlicious using prop_physics

|SLA|ƿƐȚȝɌ ΡլϓЅ<33: if i was admin i will set prop limit 800
Maximus: me 2
02 Oct 2009, 15:24
1585 Posts

darkmessenger84 wrote:
Crap Cleaner

:lol:

Known as "Ocfos" since '01.
16 Aug 2009, 23:54
965 Posts

Ocfos88 wrote:
darkmessenger84 wrote:
Crap Cleaner

:lol:

What? It's real! Abbreviated to CCleaner, made by Piriform.

What's the point of getting gmod if you have no creativity?

Dave [AD] killed Karlicious using prop_physics

|SLA|ƿƐȚȝɌ ΡլϓЅ<33: if i was admin i will set prop limit 800
Maximus: me 2
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 20 posts ]