New topic New reply  Page 1 of 4
 [ 47 posts ] 
30 Jun 2010, 11:19
15 Posts

Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on the excellent servers, I have been making frequent visits to your UK 2fort and payload boxes since I discovered them.

Now the bad news. Earlier today, the players on the UK badwater server were subjected to a lengthy argument between a player called Harvester and a player/admin called Harley Quinn without quotes/[Ears.][AD].

Keeping this short, the admin became abusive, hurling expletives, derogatory and even racial remarks in response to player Harvester. The argument was over something trivial like the admin's choice of tactics (sticky spamming) but the way in which it was dealt appears to be wholly unacceptable.

Surely admins are there to keep the peace, not contribute to disorder.

In the end, after what must have been about an hour, this admin beaconed the player and then banned him but not before he had decided to become abusive to me for no reason other than the fact that I was playing a pyro at the time who happened to be healed by the medic (Harvester). Prior to this moment I hadn't spoken a word in reference to said player/admin.

I have to say, I'm very disappointed to encounter this sort of problem on an otherwise excellent server. I don't know if the admin was just having a bad day or whether he hasn't received proper training into how to deal with customers on a public server and make proper use of the tools available for dealing with problems; but I think you should look into this matter.

Unfortunately I do not have a demo of the incident, mainly because I'm playing under Linux with Wine, which is stretching things already without the added load of a demo.

The incident happened between ~10:00 and 11:00 UK time on server --- I feel that this kind of behaviour has the potential to impact your playerbase (I certainly don't feel like playing on a server which has belligerent or abusive admins) and a grep/search of the server log pertaining to this time window might be of benefit.

I should add that I am not familiar with either of the parties in the dispute.

Here are some example extracts from my log fragment which may aid in locating the conversation:

[Ears.][AD] : KEEP TROLLIN TROLLIN TROLLIN
Harley Quinn without quotes : FUCK U
Harley Quinn without quotes : a sticky in yr fat face
Harley Quinn without quotes : YOUR PLAYING A CARTOON GAME
Harley Quinn without quotes : WHO GIVES A FUCK
[Ears.][AD] : valve made the demoman black for a reason, to make people repel from playing is overpowered awesomeness
[Ears.][AD] : no wait, i like the crying
[Ears.][AD] : lol, and W + M1 is pro?
[Ears.][AD] : Fuck yeah i'm talking to you
[Ears.][AD] : No, im an admin
[Ears.][AD] : Ban reason: Harvester
kisdomdom connected
[Ears.][AD] : 1. Admin disrespect.

------------------------

I haven't included the Harvester side of the conversation because frankly, I don't see the relevance of it. An admin should not be behaving in this fashion.

Regards -

edit:server was 89.238.160.17:27015 24/7 Badwater/ Goldrush
30 Nov 2009, 22:56
559 Posts

Are you Harley Quinn? Whoever was does actually have the green flag to be kicked or warned, perhaps. For the reason Ears said, Admin Disrespect.

30 Jun 2010, 11:19
15 Posts

Dethbyelf wrote:
Are you Harley Quinn? Whoever was does actually have the green flag to be kicked or warned, perhaps. For the reason Ears said, Admin Disrespect.

Harley Quinn is the player name of the admin Ears.
They're the same person (as far as it seemed, he even had the ears label in his name for a while).

In my experience, when you have a player who insults others using both the standard chat and their admin alias concurrently, it raises a red flag about that person's suitability to hold admin.
Server Admin Server Admin
07 Jul 2009, 02:20
840 Posts

darkwave_synth_ebm wrote:
Dethbyelf wrote:

Harley Quinn is the player name of the admin Ears.
They're the same person (as far as it seemed, he even had the ears label in his name for a while).

Harley is not an admin nor is he Ears they are different people :)

From looking at the chatlogs harvester was raging because he was getting killed by a demoman with stickies being used how they were designed to be used, he was also being pretty much a douche and his comments are required to fully grasp what happened otherwise it looks one sided, Ears issued a temp 10 minute ban on someone to educate him in to QQ'ing less, i don't personally see any major issues but harvester did seem to start most of the abuse from what i was reading.

27 Jun 2009, 06:22
126 Posts

Only showing your side of the story? That's just lovely, I warned you MULTIPLE times, you just kept going ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON, And i realized, I don't need to put up with it, I silenced you once, for like a minute, Un-did it, and then, You KEPT GOING! Like I said, I do warnings, So I only did it for TEN minutes. everyone on our team chat was saying how you were QQing and whatever, Excuse me if I went to far, My apologies. But srsly, know who you're talking to next time, jebus.

All you did was cry like a bitch [xcuse me] that a sticky-demo kept killing you, Get over it. Even Harvey said to quiet down sometimes! It's a game, GET OVAR IT! I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.

Oh, and post my side of the story, will you?

126 Posts

Odd how you cut off part of the text too.

[Ears.][AD] : lol, and W + M1 is pro?
Schoolgirl socks: You fucking talking to me?
[Ears.][AD] : Fuck yeah i'm talking to you

AND VARIOUS other text, If my game was still up, I'd paste it, but unfortunately its not up. You Lucky bastard :D

13 May 2010, 11:12
33 Posts

I am Ears.

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

Harley Quinn wrote:
I am Ears.

I'm starting to get confused here. :roll:
33 Posts

On a more serious note I am not ears, not a donator, not an admin.

Im a regular player who will flame back if you flame me. Its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH as you thoroughly demonstrated.

Harvester you were moaning at everybody who killed you as soon as I joined this morning, and then the more I killed you the more at me. That's fine it's what the game brings, however you cannot expect me not to reply back, eventually and inevitably it ending up in a flame fest.

I don't need to explain anything it's all on the chat logs starting here http://stats.aprilon.net/hlstats.php?mo ... tf&page=12. Then just scroll the pages. You can see I just joined cos Im setting my keybinds.
So dont post just what u would like everybody to see please.

I hope you will come back to play against me so I can 'noob spam' more.
Cheers mate.

EDIT: valve made the demoman black for a reason, to make people repel from playing is overpowered awesomeness - Ears

HOW IS THIS RACIST

33 Posts

Dethbyelf wrote:

Why would I disrespect my medic friend who kritzes me and we get 500000000000000000 points and lots of abuse. :(

126 Posts

He complained at like, every death he got.

Harvester and then you wrench me from 3245 km

Harvester kake you fucking hax! you can't catch me when we're the same speed]

Harvester harley nice sticky spamming
Harley Quinn without quotes tears as usual mate
Harvester l2 use pipes

[Ears.][AD] do me a favor
[Ears.][AD] Shut the fuck up?
[Ears.][AD] like srsly
[Ears.][AD] all you do is complain
Harvester because it is legal?

Harley Quinn without quotes all im doing is playing

Harley Quinn without quotes WE LIKE TO SEE THINGS EXPLODE
Harvester by spamming?
Harvester you missed the last sentence
Harvester hahahahahaha

[Ears.][AD] he'll have those 10 mins to fappity fap

[Ears.][AD] oh no, nOT TEH STICKYS!11!
[Ears.][AD] STICKIES
Harley Quinn without quotes BAN STICKIES

126 Posts

Ultimate100 wrote:
Harley Quinn wrote:
I am Ears.

I'm starting to get confused here. :roll:

joke, lololol

33 Posts

Changed my sig hope that's ok.

30 Nov 2009, 22:56
559 Posts

Idk if you were joking or not (Guys, this is TEXT. Without emoticons, how do you know if it's serious or not?),
but this part of the chat log is what I mean Harley:
Harley Quinn : FUCK U
Harley Quinn : a sticky in yr fat face
Harley Quinn : YOUR PLAYING A CARTOON GAME
Harley Quinn : WHO GIVES A FUCK
Either that or I am misinterpreting who this is directed towards... was that towards Harvester?
EDIT:Harley I just saw that link. Yeah it was towards Harvester. The thing is, he never said fuck u. Can anyone tell me where that is in the log? I think the author of this is really Schoolgirl, because he/she is standing up for harvester, and adding things that Harley (as I know of) did not say.

02 Oct 2009, 15:24
1585 Posts

darkwave_synth_ebm wrote:
Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on the excellent servers, I have been making frequent visits to your UK 2fort

really didn't know we had a 2Fort server or multiple servers :|

Known as "Ocfos" since '01.
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 4
 [ 47 posts ]