New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 21 posts ] 
22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

Hey everyone, got some stuff for my bday like a new mouse. I got a razer deathadder with 3500dpi and I'm not really sure what settings to put it at.

Do people usually snipe with a certain dpi and in game sensitivity or is it just personal preference. Right now I have it at 1800dpi and at 3 for in game sensitivity setting.

Thanks

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
Loved Ex-Admin ♥ Loved Ex-Admin ♥
08 Jan 2010, 13:23
504 Posts

Tbh im not much into DPI and mouses, but i found sensitivity that suits me like this
800 dpi mouse
10 engine sensitivity
and enhanced pointer precision enabled, the pic below is from my pc //this is very important because if you turn it off your mouse will be very slow at least if the pointer speed is like mine

For me it works perfectly both for sniper and even other games, but with in game sensitivity different

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

My personal opinion is that Enhanced Pointer Precision should go die in a fire. D:
Mouse acceleration is the thing of the devil! :P I hate it so hard. So I run all my games with certain launch-commands that disables it altogether. :P

@Goose
Well, everyone have their own preferences regarding mouse speed.
I personally have a Razer Lachesis (The original version), which is a 2000DPI mouse with a 1000mHz polling rate. :) (How fast the mouse updates it's position AFAIK) It's like a mouse on speed.
I have it set to ~600mHz polling-rate, sensitivity to around 3-4 and ~1000DPI.

Remember that you have to set the sensitivity to a lower value if you increase the DPI, as the mouse will be a lot faster.

But yeah, I know a few people, who use the On-the-fly sensitivity settings when sniping, turning it down when they scope. I personally don't do this, as I like to be able to look freely. :)
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

I have the series 1 Deathadder with 1800 DPI. But in my opinion you should always use the highest DPI possible. If you don't, it's like buying a Ferrari to use only for shopping groceries. Polling rate is really not important at all, regardless of what they want you to believe. 500/1000, who gives a shit. I personally use 1000 because it makes me feel more elite.

As Maniac said, don't use enhanced pointer precision or mouse acceleration (or is that the same thing?). I also personally use 6/11 in the Windows mouse sensitivity setting.

Other than that, it's all down to comfort. There is no 'best' sensitivity. In some games people mostly use very low sens (UT2004 comes to mind, maybe also CS 1.6 on a high level? Ask Maniac) but many people also use normal/high sens in the same game, and are still pro. So I advise you to just set it to whatever you feel comfortable with right now, and then keep playing with that sens, and never change it. (Changing sens = no aim).

PS. Set it to what you are comfortable with, low or high sens, it doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is how good you can aim with your sens - the sens itself cannot make you better or worse.

PPS. Set it to what you're comfy with.

PPPS. Comfort.

1890 Posts

Aya wrote:
I have the series 1 Deathadder with 1800 DPI. But in my opinion you should always use the highest DPI possible. If you don't, it's like buying a Ferrari to use only for shopping groceries.

True dat, I'm just to lazy to actually finding another setting that suits me, once I change to max DPI, which is 4000. (I just checked, my first number was wrong)
It's really sensitive as it is. :P

Aya wrote:
Polling rate is really not important at all, regardless of what they want you to believe. 500/1000, who gives a shit. I personally use 1000 because it makes me feel more elite.

Polling rate eats your CPU. :) So if you don't have a high-end CPU, it might eat too much taking the highest polling rate.

Aya wrote:
UT2004 comes to mind, maybe also CS 1.6 on a high level? Ask Maniac

Pretty much yeah. All depends on the player though. I know people who have to pull the mouse from left -> right (Or reverse! Do'h), about 3-5 times in order to do a 180degree turn.

Aya wrote:
PPS. Set it to what you're comfy with.

lol

Aya wrote:
PPPS. Comfort.

More lol.
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

Okay I just set my polling rate to 500. You made me all paranoid :P

1890 Posts

Aya wrote:
Okay I just set my polling rate to 500. You made me all paranoid :P

Haha. xD On my old Processor (The dual core one), going from 500 -> 1000mHz took 10% CPU. D:
But test it out for yourself. Change the polling rate to max, then flail your mouse around on the screen like a retard, while having the recourse manager open, and see how much it increases. Doesn't have to be a no-go. ;)
11 Aug 2010, 10:37
13 Posts

Don't do any of the above, they are just fucking around with u, get a cat near the mouse and it will set its own speed and sensitivity, u need not do anything.

Regards
Alien
Server Admin Server Admin
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

I just play :D
02 Oct 2009, 15:24
1585 Posts

Ultimate100 wrote:

^This :lol:

Known as "Ocfos" since '01.
1890 Posts

Ocfos88 wrote:
Ultimate100 wrote:

That is why I'm better than you.
(OH SNAP!)
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

ManIAc wrote:
Ocfos88 wrote:
Ultimate100 wrote:

That is why I'm better than you.
(OH SNAP!)

Probably :)
03 Nov 2009, 15:17
469 Posts

Mouse sensitivity differs per game imo. Some games require low sensitivities and some require high ones. What I always try to find is a comfortable way to turn 180degrees so I can turn around in 1 mousesweep that isn't to hard to perform many times. But at the same time you have to set it so that you aim with it also. Combine those 2 things and you have your perfect sensitivity :)

1890 Posts

I believe that the only "problem", is if people get too used to their standard sens. They think: "I have learned to live with this sens. So I'm gonna stay like this." Where fiddling around with it, trying new sensitivity settings might improve your overall gameplay.

So don't be afraid to try something new once in a while.

I have changed sensitivity loads of times since I got this mouse, to figure out what was best for me.
22 Aug 2009, 05:36
809 Posts

Time to make use of the "Ferrari" then.

AD - Young Grasshopa Krzykris: karl?
New topic New reply  Page 1 of 2
 [ 21 posts ]