New topic New reply  Page 2 of 2
 [ 20 posts ] 
Loved Ex-Admin ♥ Loved Ex-Admin ♥
08 Jan 2010, 13:23
504 Posts

I gotta agree with Ironballs, maybe voting should be disabled and it should auto-scramble when one team is winning too much but it should do a score scramble (option 2 in gscramble i think, admin menu) so it scrambles teams by score so its kinda balanced more, while random can sometimes lead up to even bigger imbalance

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Ane wrote:
The automatically triggered voting system that triggers when there's a big difference in player scores is both disingenuous and pointless. Once the vote triggers it asks players of both teams if they want to scramble. This means that the losing team that gets the blunt end of the stick wants a scramble gets to vote yes but also that the winning team that in most cases does not want a scramble gets to vote no.

Fully agree! It should be up to the losing team, wether or not to scramble, but bare in mind that there could be some winners that wants a scramble aswell.. But too few.

Ane wrote:
In my opinion the scrambling should be completely automatic, in that the automatically triggered system would have no voting elements inside it. No voting yes or no, if there's grounds for a scramble, do it.

AFAIK, Karl talked about some automatic scramble at some point? If one team won too fast or something, which could be fiddled with.. Not at all sure I remember correctly.

Ane wrote:
There should be a clear message, non-chat driven which is similar to the current vote for a scramble poll, that asks each player if a scramble is necessary, with the 'no' votes being ignored.

I'm not sure I understand. You want a poll, with only "Yes" being counted. Which should trigger a scramble when x% is reached?

Just my few cents. :)
Developer i play dota ok
11 Sep 2001, 19:41
1994 Posts

Personally I hate to open and edit the gScramble source code :( it's over 3,000 lines

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

Karl wrote:
Personally I hate to open and edit the gScramble source code :( it's over 3,000 lines

I made a Java-code today. My first. It was.. like... 34 lines. :3 With empty lines of course!
Server Admin Server Admin
09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

I made a batch file today with 4 lines :)
New topic New reply  Page 2 of 2
 [ 20 posts ]