New topic New reply  Page 2 of 2
 [ 23 posts ] 
19 Dec 2009, 17:16
1037 Posts

It's great, I'm lvl 23 I think what about you guys?

24 Dec 2009, 15:56
197 Posts

Currently lvl 10 after one run-through of the campaign :D I'm enjoying it quite a lot!

1037 Posts

I'm already max level ;_;

1037 Posts

Quote:
These are useful commands to enhance your alien swarm experience. You use these by entering them into the developers console. To do this, go to options, keyboard/mouse, and checkmark enable developer's console. The default key is the ~ key.

asw_custom_skill_points 1

If used before people connect to the game, the host is allowed to spend points on the Marines' stats. Disclaimer: Not really supported or well balances, use at own risk.

asw_auto_reload 0

Disables the auto reload.

mat_grain_scale_override 0

Removes the grain effect on the screen.

asw_camera_shake 0

Removes the camera shake effect when hit by an enemy.

asw_fast_reload_under_marine

Places a fast reload bar under your actual marine so you don't need to look in the corner to time your reload. Or rely on the poor cursor fast reload bar.

asw_flare_b
asw_flare_g
asw_flare_r

Change the flare colors.

asw_ignore_need_two_player_requirement 1

Game will ignore the two player requirement. In other words, you can go rambo.

asw_horde_override 1

Enables an AI director like in L4D.

exec 360_controller_pc.cfg

enables Xbox 360 controller support. See also WildBill's modified configuration. Courtesy shackanaw

firstperson
asw_hide_marine 1
asw_controls 0

First one enables firstperson mode, second one hides your marine so you can see, third one changes the camera controls to be more FPS like.

asw_pick_stim_music

"This command allows you to pick a custom .mp3 or .wav to play during adrenaline. It even brings up a little menu to pick the file, like for when choosing sprays in other Source games." - Courtesy BobX

openserverbrowser

Opens server browser. Courtesy shackanaw

bind <key> "cl_emote 6"

"Will bind the old good Anime Smiley to the key of your choice." Courtesy NoData on the BCG forums.

cl_emote x

"Where X=
0 - Medic call
1 - Need Ammo
2 - Regular Smiley
3 - Stop
4 - Go
5 - Be careful
6 - Anime Smiley
7 - Ready?

cl_emote with anything not defined will result in an anime smiley"

Courtesy Warskull on the BCG forums.

For classic AS fans:

mp_friendlyfire 1
asw_marine_ff_absorption 0 (classic ff damage makes a return)
asw_marine_ff 0 (weapon lock/anti TK Guard mode[!!!]) or 1 (default; Guard off)
asw_marine_ff_guard_time 5.0 (Weapon lock time in seconds; default value. Set to desired duration, or make it indefinite for Moses.)
asw_sentry_friendly_fire_scale 1 (Sentries damage and kill players who get in the way)
asw_weapon_safety_hull 0 (Default; dictates how willing AI is to shoot you to get at Swarm. May or may not make Sentries decide to not kill you if you're in the way, a very valuable fix for the Flamer Sentry if so. Play with the numbers and post your results!)

Courtesy Stein from the blackcatgames forum.

More will be added as they are suggested.

From the Steam forums. I haven't tried any of these yet, but I definately recommend the one that places the reload bar under your marine so you don't have to look away to quick reload, since it's normally at the bottom of the screen. I also recommend the one that removes the camera shake when you get attacked.

09 Aug 2009, 01:08
881 Posts

I like playing the game, the way it's supposed to be played.
However, levelling up is probably not a hard thing to do.
A SDK specially configured for Alien Swarm is out, which means custom maps = You can pretty much do anything.
I haven't quite tried it yet, but I noticed you do receive experience for maps you created yourself.
1037 Posts

This game is asking for a Starship Troopers mod. Where you are in a walled fortress, with an endless horde rushing at you and you have to hold them off for x minutes.

03 Nov 2009, 15:17
469 Posts

Like left4dead final maps? :) Would be awesome yes!

25 Nov 2009, 22:49
1890 Posts

I JUST got home from baby-sitting a house with my GF, and I'm currently downloading it. Can't wait to play with my mates!
New topic New reply  Page 2 of 2
 [ 23 posts ]